Best Deal Ever or Biggest Scam

RickVaughn

Came across what could be the best deal ever or the absolute worst scam in the world. This SLX brakeset on Ebay is listed for $22. According to the listing it's a complete set of M675s, new condition, pre-bled and "ready to ride." It's the scammiest looking post but with ebay protection, free shipping and only $22.50 I took the plunge.

Should be here in a week so I'm either going to a) get a nice new brake set b) get a box full of rocks c) idk, anthrax? Stay tuned for an update.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Shimano...&s=ci&page=main:email&cal=4dd4fdf3dd1db&cust=

There is a scam like this in amazon. items sold very cheap on new accounts. You never get the products and they get your info.

There is a scam like this in amazon. items sold very cheap on new accounts. You never get the products and they get your info.
The one on amazon I read about was cheap items but you had to pay with amazon give cards which are like cash so you didn't get your item and are out the gift card.

OK, I jumped. But a strange thing happened, clicked on PayPal but no window comes up and order gets placed as Credit Card. I did not put in CC info. So either scam and I'm now broke (thanks Ricky :D), or somehow I get this free? My guess is that he has something set up to fail, so that he now contacts us and says that there is some issue and we need to pay some other way. :eek:

I'm such a cheap idiot. :dead:

:popcorn:

OK, I jumped. But a strange thing happened, clicked on PayPal but no window comes up and order gets placed as Credit Card. I did not put in CC info. So either scam and I'm now broke (thanks Ricky :D), or somehow I get this free? My guess is that he has something set up to fail, so that he now contacts us and says that there is some issue and we need to pay some other way. :eek:

I'm such a cheap idiot. :dead:

:popcorn:
Yup.... you should get an email at this point with one of 2 wordings 1 your CC numbers did not work can you go to {insert phishing site } and reenter your CC info or 2 sorry we could not process your CC info you can still buy this but need to send us gift cards....

Back
Top Bottom