Best 1.5-2 hour loop through ringwood?

phillychris498

Riding at ringwood for the first time this saturday afternoon around 12 and wanted to plan out a loop before I get there- I heard that it's hard to follow because of the fireroads. So, the following would be helpful:

1.) parking
2.) description of a good loop
3.) GPS of a good loop
4.) maps? I know this one exists, I'm assuming it's the best: https://docs.google.com/a/student.nhvweb.net/file/d/0B7pOwSnXq33vbUZtSFhUY2wtdWM/edit

Or, if anyone who knows the park well wants to give me a tour then that'd be good too.

bucknejo

RW is a little hard to follow, but I think there will be a lot of people posting good GPS loops here soon. I was there last weekend and there was some pretty severe leaf cover which makes the navigation that much more difficult - especially if it's a first-time-out.

I always feel like parking in lot c (no fee after labor day) gives you the most options off the bat, but a lot of people park at the Ryerson School (130 Valley Road).

I also use the linked map - someone on this site put it together and it's really accurate. Here's a loop from lot c that takes me about 1.5 hours in good conditions (see attachment - purple out, yellow coming back in).

Wish I could get out there this weekend, but I'm traveling. Good luck!

rw-loop-01.png

phillychris498

RW is a little hard to follow, but I think there will be a lot of people posting good GPS loops here soon. I was there last weekend and there was some pretty severe leaf cover which makes the navigation that much more difficult - especially if it's a first-time-out.

I always feel like parking in lot c (no fee after labor day) gives you the most options off the bat, but a lot of people park at the Ryerson School (130 Valley Road).

I also use the linked map - someone on this site put it together and it's really accurate. Here's a loop from lot c that takes me about 1.5 hours in good conditions (see attachment - purple out, yellow coming back in).

Wish I could get out there this weekend, but I'm traveling. Good luck!

View attachment 27572
does that loop hit most of what is worth riding?

bucknejo

does that loop hit most of what is worth riding?

Yeah, that loop is mostly single track, all of which is pretty sweet. The beginning up to the first pipeline crossing is a mix of double track and fire roads but after that it's all ST. Skylands, Red, White and the Race Course are all, IMO, amazing.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And get the Maprika app if you don't yet have it. There's a few RW maps for it, that will help with the not getting lost.

gingertooth

the best 1.5-2hr loop in ringwood is on the ringwood manor side where very little ride. White trail from lotB to blue back to where you started. damn good tech riding and toughest climbing not to mention natural singletrack that isnt wasted like main part of ringwood..

Last edited:

rayder

the best 1.5-2hr loop in ringwood is on the ringwood manor side where very little ride. White trail from lot to blue back to where you started. damn good tech riding and toughest climbing not to mention natural singletrack that isnt wasted like main part of ringwood..

From which lot ?

Tonggi

whats the best way back up White without hard climbing. I like climbing but not that much. Would like to do white and then take easiest way up. :)

gingertooth

From Weyble pond ride pierson ridge rd in opposite direction to white or from weyble pond take pierson ridge rd to green Halifax trail to gas line and then right onto pierson ridge rd to white or just man up.....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions