Berms and Jumps and Flow

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

wow, that is impressive. The town I grew up in was once a flatland mecca so I rode with a bunch of guys through the years...

I was honored when mark eaton rode my trails in york. while this clip may seem like nothing compared to riders now, these guys were pioneers. this video is from the late 80's and they were doing stuff that did not catch on until years later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2r9fnFYYkY

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

"the level of riding these days is just crazy" Remeber this is the early 90's. These guys were doing stuff that didn't catch on until more than 10 years later. Compared to the typical bmxer who was jumping 10'-15' doubles on a race course, these guys were just ahead of there time. If you could do half of the stuff they were doing at the time, you would be pretty damn good

Last edited:

don

"the level of riding these days is just crazy" Remeber this is the early 90's. These guys were doing stuff that didn't catch on until more than 10 years later. Compared to the typical bmxer who was jumping 10'-15' doubles on a race course, these guys were just ahead of there time. If you could do half of the stuff they were doing at the time, you would be pretty damn good

I was out of BMX at the time but always heard great things about the Dorkin' vids. Take the chicago postioned 6 piece bars, laidback post, and all the chrome and that vid would be the same as late 90 vids like Standard's Domination.

Another thing to add is the early 90's was BMX's dark days. This was right after the mid-late 80's frenzy and before the X games and the modern day mainstream of BMX. It really is amazing how good those guys rode and if you notice closely their flatland influenced street is being reused by some of the best riders today.

Thanks for the link.

Last edited:

FFT

Gay & Stuffy

That 90's stuff is great, but I was refering to 2:14 in the flat land vid - the no hander, standing on the cranks, bike inverted, spinning, WTF do they even call that? I would call it a WTF.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That 90's stuff is great, but I was refering to 2:14 in the flat land vid - the no hander, standing on the cranks, bike inverted, spinning, WTF do they even call that? I would call it a WTF.

I am sure there is combination of some goofy names for it but it when you link all the names together into one, it equals what you said, wtf. This guy is beyond the point where names even matter.

don

That is by far my favorite clip to date. That guy is insane.

Which clip Joe's Props interview or Rueben Etnies segment? I like both but that Joe Rich one w/ the Hot Water Music song was really the treats. Plus it's f'n Joe Rich!

don

http://www.vimeo.com/2371851

Little Fly Bikes Trail Edit. Little bit of Push in there from what I can tell. Check out Punjab's trails with the multiple berms mixed in with the sets. Working on a line at our spot that will be similiar to that - although a bit smaller :)

warcricket

Like a Jerk
http://www.vimeo.com/2371851

Little Fly Bikes Trail Edit. Little bit of Push in there from what I can tell. Check out Punjab's trails with the multiple berms mixed in with the sets. Working on a line at our spot that will be similiar to that - although a bit smaller :)

those trails are tight!
too bad i can't, for the life of me, make a decent berm :cry:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
sick video, are you sure that is push? I was thinking the same thing because of punjab but in any case sick. Damn I love well built trails, perfectly sculpted lips and berms, rivals the one berm line at posh (7 years ago anyways).

Top Bottom