Beginner's loop in Bentonville?

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I know this may be a longshot but does anyone know of a beginner's loop in Bentonville that's around 5-8 miles long? I rode there last Spring but we only did stuff that would be way too advanced and technical for a beginner. I'm going back there with friends in June and I'm bringing the family along this time. I want to take my wife and son (13 years old) on a beginner's trail to get them back to mountain biking again. My wife used to mountain bike, she had a Rocky Mountain Element and we rode places like Kingdom Trails and Raystown but hasn't really ridden in 13 years (since our son was born). My son rode on the trails with me for a couple of years on his Transition Ripcord but only at 6-Mile and Mala Compra in Florida so he never rode anything technical and this was about 3 years ago before he outgrew the bike. So assuming their riding skills are a bit rusty and I want to ease them back in so I'm looking for recommendations in Bentonville and see if I can get them back on the trails riding.

I don't have a loop for you but here's what I'd do if I took my son (11) riding in Bentonville.

Park here and ride All American. It runs parallel to the razorback greenway and has a number of trails and parks off of it. Just about every grouping of trails or park has a well labeled map with well marked trails. Keep in mind that you're going downhill as you leave Bentonville on All American and the greenway so it can be a task to return to Bentonville on tired legs.

Another option is to ride over to Coler bike park from downtown or just park there. Trail map There are a number of beginner trails and again it's all well marked. Can also hit the greenway/bike path if trails are too much.

Coffee.

BBQ.

Back
Top Bottom