Hey All- Looks like this Saturday will be in the 50s so I plan go riding in the 1.30-2pm area for a easy pace ride (especially on the climbs) since I barely ridden in the past month or so.. Im thinking Alpine Scout Camp or Blauvelt. Im very familar with Alpine but have only ridden Blauvelt one before but it was fun. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

Hey All- Looks like this Saturday will be in the 50s so I plan go riding in the 1.30-2pm area for a easy pace ride (especially on the climbs) since I barely ridden in the past month or so.. Im thinking Alpine Scout Camp or Blauvelt. Im very familar with Alpine but have only ridden Blauvelt one before but it was fun. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.
Hey Ari, it's Vic. Trails may be frozen enough Saturday morning to be rideable but will probably be slop by late morning. Only my 2 cents.

Hey Ari, it's Vic. Trails may be frozen enough Saturday morning to be rideable but will probably be slop by late morning. Only my 2 cents.
If I was a betting man, I would put money down that the highlands in HM, like parts of Ancients would be rideable. The problem is... getting there lol

If I was a betting man, I would put money down that the highlands in HM, like parts of Ancients would be rideable. The problem is... getting there lol

Can’t ride in the morning. Have a family thing to do. Going to give it a whirl

@ridgehog I should have listened to your advice and not gone. needless to say my whole front seat of my car was covered in mud considering a fell on the downhill section. I was soaked with mud and water from the spraying water..freezing cold..and my wife was pissed about the level of filth on my clothes. Im going to brush this one off to a lesson learned.

looking forward to dryer warmer weather!!

I ended up going to the MTBNJ group ride and the snow conditions were great as well as the event. Winter is tricky - keeping an eye on freeze/thaw cycles, types of trails how they drain, avoiding muddy trails, not just to stay dry, but help preserve. Also consider northern vs southern exposure as the northern exposure usually stays frozen longer. All part of the learning curve.

Am I too soon in thinking this should start up again?
Being off the bike for couple of months now really took its toll cause I started cramping towards the end of the Allaire ride. Not to mention, I've gained a lot of weight.

Am I too soon in thinking this should start up again?
Being off the bike for couple of months now really took its toll cause I started cramping towards the end of the Allaire ride. Not to mention, I've gained a lot of weight.

Yeah, i think it's time to get this dad bod back in a shape that isn't round lol. I was very tempted to hit Cheesequake yesterday after work, but I was on dinner duty so no ride for me. This weekend is definitely out with the rain we will be getting, but we should see some better weather soon.

Yeah, i think it's time to get this dad bod back in a shape that isn't round lol. I was very tempted to hit Cheesequake yesterday after work, but I was on dinner duty so no ride for me. This weekend is definitely out with the rain we will be getting, but we should see some better weather soon.
Yeah.... this weekend doesn't look good but we need @qclabrat to start planning :D

That works for me, but I may need to start with something easy or i'm going to be looking for someone to carry me back to my car lol
Would have said 6MR but with all this rain, I am thinking its wont be rideable even next weekend.
Even Nassau is closed... damn... its getting tough to find a place to ride for out of shape ppl like me!

Question is.... do I want to drive down to Allaire again?

BTW... someone should change the title of this thread to "Group Rides for Out of Shape People and Beginners Welcomed"
Maybe the title is too long? lol

I may actually start with a couple rides on the Henry Hudson trail. I know it's pavement, but it'll work for breaking the legs back in and it doesn't get muddy lol.

Let me know if there's anything you want me to post up on the what's happening thread!

@C8N You've been doing beginner rides for 3 years. Cat up!
Its a vicious cycle... when I think I am in shape, winter hits, I fatten up and I am back to square 1 when the temps start rising lol
I wanted to get out of this pattern this winter but then the Trance went up in flames along with my bike stuff and I kinda lost all will to ride for a couple of weeks.

I may actually start with a couple rides on the Henry Hudson trail. I know it's pavement, but it'll work for breaking the legs back in and it doesn't get muddy lol.
Rode HH once and I felt like I was standing still because the scenery didn't really change all that much lol

Its a vicious cycle... when I think I am in shape, winter hits, I fatten up and I am back to square 1 when the temps start rising lol
I wanted to get out of this pattern this winter but then the Trance went up in flames along with my bike stuff and I kinda lost all will to ride for a couple of weeks.

Rode HH once and I felt like I was standing still because the scenery didn't really change all that much lol

Yeah I know what you mean, but my legs need an easy brake in period lol. Plus my wife's little sister, she'll be 14 this summer, wants me to show her how to ride, so I need to take it easy on her too lol.

Back
Top Bottom