qclabrat

When I started 3 years ago, it was all about stats. I wanted to see improvements... more miles, more climbing, faster, longer while staying on the saddle.
Fast forward 3 years, I am riding the same miles, same elevation, same speed and same duration. I do stay on the saddle bit more tho... lol

Make goals for yourself and try parks which may be out of your comfort zone with others. November I have goal to finally figure out how to do a manual. Going to finish rebuilding a dirt jumper for that purpose.

I don't know many newbies who want to ride sharp rocks, slick roots and sketchy climbs. I've always preferred the rocky stuff myself, slick roots not so much. In time you'll gravitate to what works for you. You may never like rocks, but that's ok

jackx

Sounds great, but weather doesn't look great this weekend. How do the 3 Allamuchy parks drain?
All 3 parks generally drain well, especially relative to other parks. Of course they all have some areas that can stay wetter longer than other areas.

I would expect that the turnout for the Marathon Ride will be reduced if there is a lot of rain on Saturday.

jackx

Let’s go ! I’m ready.... is chimney rock super rocky ? Or it just has rock in the name lol ?
My impression is that Chimney Rock always beats the hell out of my bike when I ride there. As someone who seldomly rides CR, I would say that the "Granola Up" part of the Yellow trail might be considered a quintessential Chimney Rock trail. It's the blue-colored part in the below map.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 12.04.49 AM.png

qclabrat

My impression is that Chimney Rock always beats the hell out of my bike when I ride there. As someone who seldomly rides CR, I would say that the "Granola Up" part of the Yellow trail might be considered a quintessential Chimney Rock trail. It's the blue-colored part in the below map.

View attachment 59054
Is that the loop from the intermediate ride from the Oct 21st event? If so, I like how Chris did the loops around yellow to cover the area without having to do the rough sections by Vosseller (High Tech? not good with local names).

For those reluctant, we'll be doing a different loop, but still want to get you over to the Hawk Watch side
- full loop of White
- start counter clockwise for Red at Logan decide if the group wants to try the other side (otherwise finish Red then head over to Blue)
- if yes, head up via Guard Rail, Orange clockwise to Gilbride
- hop on Yellow up to Hawk Watch
- down Yellow on the inner circle back to Gilbride

about half the mileage from the map above

jackx

Is that the loop from the intermediate ride from the Oct 21st event? If so, I like how Chris did the loops around yellow to cover the area without having to do the rough sections by Vosseller (High Tech? not good with local names).

Yes it is, and i agree that Chris led a nice loop. This loop didn't include a scenic overlook.

jackx

I'll be there @ 8 , white and red & blue for sure - I'll see how I feel about that "granola" part
Well, it's not that bad. I don't think it would be categorized as a rock garden, but more like riding on a trail on loose rocks - medium sized rocks, not small stones.

Top Bottom