Thinking I may join you guys too. Was going take my car for an alignment, but it doesn't REALLY need to get done right away. Never been to Nassau and was always interested in checking it out.
Cool!

I'll be there at 8am at what I assume is the main lot. Not an issue to wait a couple min. I'll be on s full squish this time. You will not die on a HT. Blue CR-V, black SC Tallboy.
Cool!

not feeling great right now, if I feel up to it tomorrow morning I'll be there. Don't wait for me.
BTW, here is the route from last time, in case y'all need it (you can also see the parts we skipped)
http://www.strava.com/routes/10661807
this starts from the Main Parking Area
Not cool.... join us! :)

Can a newbie handle Nassau? Huge step up from Allaire ?
If so I may Be there to try & keep up

Absolutely, just a little more climbing, add in some roots and some rocks
actually more like most of the Garden State parks, Allaire is actually a bit unique IMO
come on down, ride bikes, have fun

btw, this is the beginner ride thread you are on, no drop unless you die, then we just bury you, last rights and carry on...

and fight over your gear
who-invented-rock-paper-scissors.png

I'm down for HM next Sunday.
This is the loop I am thinking of... we will ride out of HM park & ride. First couple miles will be WTF... but after that, the fun will start.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1164445012
I am leaning this way because...
1. I prolly will not have my car :p
2. I think its a good loop and we get to hit Ancients while our legs are relatively fresh... which means more fun.
3. I get to show you a few access pts to the park in case you want to come back
4. I think its a pretty good loop and we can hit some good spots without killing ourselves.
5. Parking might be an issue depending at the usual parking spots.

HM is definitely not a beginner park... so they say but we will ride at beginner pace... cause thats the only pace I can ride lol

This is the loop I am thinking of... we will ride out of HM park & ride. First couple miles will be WTF... but after that, the fun will start.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1164445012
I am leaning this way because...
1. I prolly will not have my car :p
2. I think its a good loop and we get to hit Ancients while our legs are relatively fresh... which means more fun.
3. I get to show you a few access pts to the park in case you want to come back
4. I think its a pretty good loop and we can hit some good spots without killing ourselves.
5. Parking might be an issue depending at the usual parking spots.

HM is definitely not a beginner park... so they say but we will ride at beginner pace... cause thats the only pace I can ride lol

Sounds good man. Yeah, just give me an address for the starting/meet up point to plug into my gps. It's also about an hour drive from me.

Sounds good man. Yeah, just give me an address for the starting/meet up point to plug into my gps. It's also about an hour drive from me.
Here are the coordinates because address is a little funky on the GPS

40°57'08.6"N 74°13'27.0"W
40.952376, -74.224173

Back
Top Bottom