qclabrat

Would like a 27.5 or 27.5 plus casual rider. Something that climbs good a smooth over the roots.
your price limit is right where full suspension starts, so that's a good place to begin
Only you can tell if you want a plus tire, I'd recommend going to a bike shop and ask to test ride a few bikes. Plus tires will put you up higher on the bike, similar to a 29, not sure if that's what you are looking for. One thing good about plus bikes is that most can also use narrower 29r wheels if you decide to go that route down the road.

Anyone here can tell you what they like, which may not be much use for you, instead go see/test the bikes yourself and let us know what you liked or didn't about each one.
also good time to buy 2016/2017 left overs as the 2018 are now coming out

Thanks for the advise. I will test ride a few bikes this weekend. I have time. I need to try and sell my specialized Pitch Sport and Rockhopper Pro first anyway.

qclabrat

last minute beginners ride at Stephens or Deer Park tomorrow around 8AM

never been to either so let's get lost together, post up if interested

Hi qclabrat I bit the bullet and purchased a 2018 Giant Anthem 2 and a used Trek 5 fatbike. I am trying to re-arrange my schedule and
make the ride in the morning.

qclabrat

Hi qclabrat I bit the bullet and purchased a 2018 Giant Anthem 2 and a used Trek 5 fatbike. I am trying to re-arrange my schedule and
congrats, man you went all in didn't you
now go get them dirty and send picks of them dirty or it didn't happen ;)

jackx

40.879986,-74.805508

meet here at 8am or 10am with a guest tour guide

I need to bail by 11:30
Hope you have a good ride.

Looks like the meeting spot is at a lot just off dirt Waterloo Valley Rd, and not at the lot by the Ranger Station off Park Rd.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Nice!
I was contemplating with the Anthem SX before going with a Trance but looks like the 2017 Anthem SX and 2018 Anthem reg has the same amount of travel.
For the MY 2017, SX had a bit more travel and curious to know what Giant would do with the 2018 SX if they continue this.

I was looking into the 2018 Trance 2 but decided to go for the Anthem for the type of riding I've been doing. Yes they up'd the travel on the 2018 Anthem 2. But let me tell you I find myself riding my Trek 5 fatbike a lot more. Sorry I won't be able to make the ride up that way this morning for the ride.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I was looking into the 2018 Trance 2 but decided to go for the Anthem for the type of riding I've been doing. Yes they up'd the travel on the 2018 Anthem 2. But let me tell you I find myself riding my Trek 5 fatbike a lot more. Sorry I won't be able to make the ride up that way this morning for the ride.
I imagine lots of traction with the fatty...
Anthem makes a lot more sense where you are and a good choice.
Should visit some nnj parks at some point. The terrain is a bit different up here and you might like it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Chimney Rock park in Bridgewater (?)
Newman's lot. Good group, casual. Medium climbing, low-but not zero, tech.

qclabrat

I am a newb what is CR?
CR is the perfect next step for progressing riders who want more challenges than parks like LewMo, Six Mile and Allaire. Not a big park but great for advanced beginners and intermediates. I might try to make this one, weekdays after work are hard to fit in.

Jillian Stead

CR is the perfect next step for progressing riders who want more challenges than parks like LewMo, Six Mile and Allaire. Not a big park but great for advanced beginners and intermediates. I might try to make this one, weekdays after work are hard to fit in.
Nice what's the address I could use to find how to get there? Are there any other spots near the Woodbridge area? I'm new to this area

Chris Nordt

Nice what's the address I could use to find how to get there? Are there any other spots near the Woodbridge area? I'm new to this area

Your closest spots to Woodbridge will be Cheesequake, 6 Mile, and Huber/Harthshorn. I live in Laurence Harbor which isn't far from you so I ride these trails pretty frequently. Cheesequake is probably your closest option since it's right off the Parkway at exit 120. It's not long, (only about 2 miles) but it's pretty techy with some hills and logs. Out west of you in Somerset is 6 Mile, it's not as techy but much longer trails but does need time to drain after rain. Huber and Harthshorn are about 25-30 min south of you in Middletown/Highlands and they can get fairly challenging. The hills in Harthshorn are no joke lol. Just post a message up if you want to hit any of these parks, you will find people either going there already or are more then happy to show you around.

Top Bottom