Bears!!!

Deeptrax

Took a ride this afternoon and added to my knowledge about bears. I was riding the trail across from the pond going north and within 5 minutes saw a bear crossing ahead. I stopped and watched while mother with 3 cubs slowly crossed without seeing me. What a show they put on. I figured I knew where they were so I continued past where they crossed. Another 5 minutes I was on the return ride and came upon another bear just about to cross at the same spot. This one saw me and was deciding what to do so I stopped and began a stare down (with shouting) that was broken up by another rider that luckily spooked the bear. Must have been a 2 year old that Mom was trying to run off. Happy ending to my ride today. Be careful on the trails.

I'll be sure to be careful to watch for bears at 6miles & Mahlon Dickersons.
Iggs

Just wait until you run across Clyde ( I think that's his name) ... Now he's A BEAR ! the size of a Prius ....
Hangs out around "Cascade"

Iggs

No pictures of bear shit? It may not have been bears then

Funny guys!!! You both will be riding at either park when 2 black bears will through their s**t at you knocking you off your bike's.
Then take your bike's to the bar at 6 miles, and hang out with Megan Fox talking about how they just Bitch slap you too...... ;)

Ron, if the bear knocks me off my bike with his own shit and shows up at 6miles on my rad ass SS to tell Megan Fox all about *the day he bitch slapped Mr.chainsaw*...she will definitely be going home with him...no question.

Just wait until you run across Clyde ( I think that's his name) ... Now he's A BEAR ! the size of a Prius ....
Hangs out around "Cascade"

Indeed, he is a big mofo. Makes this guy look tiny...

Attachments

• bears 002.jpg
    bears 002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 280
Iggs

'Wouldn't worry about it too much. You'd be surprised at how infrequently I actually see bears while riding at MDR. I see more bears in my yard. Hell, I see more bears up here on road rides, believe it or not.

And most of the time, when I do see a bear at MDR, he/she is running away...

I have seen bears at Mahlon about 3 or four times. They usually just run away quickly and don't bother you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions