Bear Scat 50

pinkshirtphotos

The registration closes on 5/26 for the race. It's in two weeks. The new class format has team options, and a one lap option...

Ladies there is only 1 registered in open, and she will get all the money if you don't get on the list.

SsAp dudes, bzw there is a ss cat for 25 miles which iirc is quite like the ssap lap. Come one come all!

Wawayanda has a lake it has lots of fish if you want to watch and hangout, there are boat rentals too. There is a food vendor there especially for the race.

Black Bear Cycling has been working on clearing the trails, check out my posts on the Wawayanda section.

Last year it rained, I played drums on the pipe line and you all had fun. *I also had fun

COME HAVE FUN!

the race is on 6/4

I'm planing to go to. Just have to decide if to take the plunge and go for 2 laps. Further I've ridden this year is 30 miles (1 ride).

I'm planing to go to. Just have to decide if to take the plunge and go for 2 laps. Further I've ridden this year is 30 miles (1 ride).

Looks like it's only $10 more to register for the 50 vs the 25. You might as well just register for the 50, and if you only do 25 then you're only out $10.

I'll be there for the Cubpoop 25. Registered for the 50 then life got in the way. Switched my registration to the 25 so as not to embarrass myself. :oops:

:D

Go for a pre-ride and then decide.
I wish I could but I'm going to be able to do that.

Looks like it's only $10 more to register for the 50 vs the 25. You might as well just register for the 50, and if you only do 25 then you're only out $10.

It's not about the extra $10. I don't want to start a 50 mi race and DNF. I know I'm going to be towards the back of the back no matter what distance I do but would like to have a time and complete the race. Having said that, I'm deciding now to sign up for the 50 :) See you there!

BTW, anyone knows how much climbing is there per lap, more or less.

6151 ft in 2015, and 4846 ft last year. It was the same course both years though, so I wouldn't put much faith in either number. That's the total, so divide by 2.

It's not about the extra $10. I don't want to start a 50 mi race and DNF.

Just treat the race as the 25 mile version, and any extra you do is a bonus.

If anyone is one the fence for this race I can sell you my spot for the 50 mi. Yesterday morning I injured my shoulder and I'll not be able to do it. I know there's spots available still. How about $60 (I'll pay the $10 change fee)?

vader_NOOOO.jpg

If you get lost with maps, all the trees at the course turns have arrow as all the wrong ways have wrong way signs. You should come scramble the cub poop 25 or just bare all and slay bear scat. Come on it's berry exciting. We might have showers.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.JPG
    IMG_3740.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 129
I just looked over my times from last year and lol'd:

0:25 - proglogue
2:08 - first half of lap 1
1:19 - second half of lap 1
2:08 - first half of lap 2
1:18 - second half of lap 2

I don't think I'm gonna finish this year based on how my legs felt on a few longer rides recently, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway.

We are looking forward to seeing old friends on Sunday!

We have decided to accept Day-Of Registrations. So if you change your mind last minute, come and join the fun.

The course is in fine shape, I rode a chunk yesterday and it was sweet!

We are looking forward to seeing old friends on Sunday!

We have decided to accept Day-Of Registrations. So if you change your mind last minute, come and join the fun.

99.9% certain I'm in for the last minute decision to go for the SS cub poop 25. Is there an extra fee for day-of regs since I'm terrible at planning and too indecisive?

Back
Top Bottom