BEAR Alert

qclabrat

I think it's good to know if it's not expected. Folks do tend to get freaked out if not used to it. I know if I were to run into one unexpectedly, I'd probably panic a bit as well

Firulay1

I will probably panic if I get one on my way when I'm riding, that's what I void some places, but in case that happens, what should I do

soulfly26

I think it's good to know if it's not expected. Folks do tend to get freaked out if not used to it. I know if I were to run into one unexpectedly, I'd probably panic a bit as well
Exactly why I posted it, cuz' I'd freak out especially in this area.

kidzach

I've come across bears many times at places like Allumuchy, Kittatinny, Mahlon and Wawayanda. Even when I've came up to them unexpected they always run away. Only once at Kittatinny did the very big bear not seem to care either way and just went about his/her business less than 25 feet from me. I see no reason to kill it unless it was going after people.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I know they tried to get the beat to retreat for 4 hours first and fish and game wanted nothing to do with helping out. It was in between houses and they framed it an immediate danger. I think they tried all means not to put it down first.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know they tried to get the beat to retreat for 4 hours first and fish and game wanted nothing to do with helping out. It was in between houses and they framed it an immediate danger. I think they tried all means not to put it down first.
How about getting the right person in to tranquilize and move the bear. A tree bear is a scared bear who climbed for saftey. To shoot it was just fucking lame.

RobW

How about getting the right person in to tranquilize and move the bear. A tree bear is a scared bear who climbed for saftey. To shoot it was just fucking lame.
I agree, from the article I read- is that the NJDEP fish and wildlife was not willing to come and tranq it. I believe the quote from the UBPD was " they told us they don't work on weekends and it was out of their norm" which is pretty lame too bc the NJDEP f&w are always on call-aka game wardens. I'm just surprised the PD doesn't have tranquilizers.

soulfly26

I agree, from the article I read- is that the NJDEP fish and wildlife was not willing to come and tranq it. I believe the quote from the UBPD was " they told us they don't work on weekends and it was out of their norm" which is pretty lame too bc the NJDEP f&w are always on call-aka game wardens. I'm just surprised the PD doesn't have tranquilizers.
I was surprised too, but then again how often does a bear wander through Union Beach.

Top Bottom