Be the doughnut! (or, how I learned to stop worrying and enjoy mediocrity)

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There was some crazy cat lady in Jackson NJ like 20 years ago that lost a Tiger. IIRC she claimed the tiger people kept seeing wasn't hers, but it was. She had 20 something tigers! I believe after that she had to get rid of them.
Yup. Staye came in and removed them and shut her down

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Mandi going bonkers over ours. It hasn’t left the counter. Beef stew, rice, awesome chicken dishes, just doesn’t make sense.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been thinking of the insta pot, but not totally sold yet.

How long did the oats take?

Mountain Bike Mike

Instapot has taken over our house. Well worth it... did you get the one that makes yogurt? Wish we did... kids eat a ton of yogurt and it can get expensive

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been thinking of the insta pot, but not totally sold yet.

How long did the oats take?
3 min, plus warm up and cool down.
Did setup night before and delay start; hot breakfast the moment we got downstairs

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Instapot has taken over our house. Well worth it... did you get the one that makes yogurt? Wish we did... kids eat a ton of yogurt and it can get expensive
I’m sort of regretting not getting one with the yogurt setting. Glad I got 6 qt, I probably should have gotten 8 qt, I can tell the baby’s gonna be an eater

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can you change this thread to "be the instapot...." ?

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i don’t think tru asians are allowed to cook with one of those things

I'm no tru asian doe. I wonder if you can make kimchi in the instapot?

This instapot thing confuses because I thought that last year sous-vide was the thing. Sous-vide was supposed to be the best way to cook meat because you cook at like 135-140 degrees in a bag so all that stuff stays tender. Now apparently Insta-Potty is the only way to do it?

Physics People: Why does this thing work? Operating pressure for the Instant Pot is only like 10psi which means that water boils at only about 16% higher temp than at 0 psi (116 C vs. 100 C - or- 240f instead of 212f). Doesn't seem like it should make such a big difference. Brown rice in 10 minutes instead of 40???

I also go a smoker for Christmas. I have no idea how to use it but the Amazon Fairy is bringing wood chips tomorrow. I've never actually opened the WHO LIKES TO SMOKE THEIR MEAT thread but now I have some reading to do.
2591202_ALT-180x180.jpeg

Top Bottom