Base-In-Your-Face Online Race 2013-2014

I sorta rode this week.

Commute into work. The temps dropped and the parking lot filled up with ice from the melted snow so I couldn't ride home. Suckage.

http://www.strava.com/activities/116687014

4 points

I left all my stuff at the shop on tuesday so I couldn't ride wednesday. D'oh.

Yesterday I did a short hill workout. Planned on going longer but I honestly didn't feel like pushing into that wind.

http://www.strava.com/activities/116687016

4 points

1017460_10203219615913173_387711207_n.jpg

Today I have a rental car and need to get my GTI after work so no ride. I did however renew my license so there's a 5% chance I show up to Branchbrook tomorrow morning.

-Jim.

It's a Specialized Romin. The blue is the only color other than black or white. I have the matching bar tape as well to tie it together. :D

-Jim.

STB's Last Stand

Today's mission was to neutralize Pat’s lead since there is no way I can contend with someone who doesn’t work in the sense that most of us have to go to a place of business each day. To break even with the current total, I needed to ride 2.5 hours and that was the plan. Had the alarm set for 3:50 and only snoozed once and rolled just after 4:30.
With single digits temps that were falling as I was riding, the mission was to stay out of the wind. I have been riding the Hopewell / Lambertville area more this winter because for whatever reason the road conditions were better that way. The sourlands end of Hopewell saw many iced over roads and some of the roads I take to get there seemed to be forever crappy as I was denied Caper’s loop on many occasions. The downside with going towards Lambertville is that is always into the wind first, which is normally preferable but when the temps get to the single digits, the wind just does that much more to make me cold, especially my hands and feet.

Broke out my Synapse for the occasion as it has been in hibernation due to the crap road conditions and I have the all-city to trash in this kind of weather. Lighter by more than a few pounds, smoother wheels, compact gearing, smoother BB makes the pedaling seem effortless. I took it way easy in another attempt to minimize wind on the hands.

So wind to the back at first it was and I did a superb job of hiding even my back from the wind. Only a few fields that I can’t avoid but choose Princeton way due to the numerous wooded roads and boro area for buildings and heat retention ability. Damn thumb started feeling cold at 20 min and by an hour all finders were tingling. Kept thinking where I could stay protected and continued to do a good job. The top Drakes Corner Road is superb for seeing the pre-dawn light with the leaves off the trees and was a nice rewards after fighting to get some gummies out of my pocket on Great Road. Dropped into Hopewell Boro on Dirty Aunt Molly, which they already dropped patching stone on, which should be well worked-in for HOH. Finished the loop with the first half of a reverse caper’s loop.

When I got home, I got off the bike and realized how cold my toes were as I stumbled when my toes hit the ground. I knew my hands were numb but didn’t realize how cold the toes were.

Showered at work and everything thawed out and my toes were stick straight for at least 15 min, felt good to bend them.

So, there it is, Pat has to ride today FTW and that was my goal. 2.5 hours in single digits

STB Last Stand BIFY 2014

10 pts x double day = 20

My toes looked more red-erer in person, but took the pic so posted it. Glad I didn't leave a toe in my sock.
EBD9A296-7C3E-42E5-BB1A-3776A03B2C6D_zpsye2hkmnz.jpg

Here are my numbers for this contest:
66 of 75 days
115 hours
1850 miles
Two rides saw negative temps
Numerous saw single digits
More than that saw teens
Too many rides while snowing
Too many rides after it snowed
For the second time in my riding lyf, rode more hours than Vreeland in January. The last time this happened, he rode like 75 hours in February but due to crap conditions this year, I held on for more hours in February as well. Note this isn't a dig on Vreeland.

Again, this contest had me riding more than I would have. The team thing fell apart but thanks to Dave for keeping it together!

Awesome job Kevin!

Btw...you should also include how many rides were started and finished before sunrise. I think you should get some bonus points for getting out before most are even awake!!!

Lol I have had exactly one ride during that quest Kev. I am not worthy. I wonder how many days I would have been shut out of my old city commute if I was still there. Great job Kev, I now need to figure out where I put my bikes...

Kevin.is the most decorated contender for BIYFOR.nobody does ride like him.even me can't keep up with him.he sure is one hell of rider.he rode when most of us still in bed,he doesn't give shit what weather throw at him.rain,snow sleet you name it he conquer all.
He deserve all the WIN..in all aspects of this games.
Kevin..i have a lot of respect to you.
I don't try to be an "asskisser" i'm juat saying,it is what the fact are.

Great job kevin!!

Kevin.is the most decorated contender for BIYFOR.nobody does ride like him.even me can't keep up with him.he sure is one hell of rider.he rode when most of us still in bed,he doesn't give shit what weather throw at him.rain,snow sleet you name it he conquer all.
He deserve all the WIN..in all aspects of this games.
Kevin..i have a lot of respect to you.
I don't try to be an "asskisser" i'm juat saying,it is what the fact are.

Great job kevin!!

Thanks for the kind words Liong.

Here are my numbers for this contest:
66 of 75 days
115 hours
1850 miles
Two rides saw negative temps
Numerous saw single digits
More than that saw teens
Too many rides while snowing
Too many rides after it snowed
For the second time in my riding lyf, rode more hours than Vreeland in January. The last time this happened, he rode like 75 hours in February but due to crap conditions this year, I held on for more hours in February as well. Note this isn't a dig on Vreeland.

Again, this contest had me riding more than I would have. The team thing fell apart but thanks to Dave for keeping it together!

Fantastic job. What impresses me the most is the consistency of riding - only missing 9 days - especially with the absolutely brutal winter we've had. And 1850 miles in 11 weeks is an unfathomable (at least for me) distance as well.

And I rode in today and had to ride home to get the car since it ends up I need to pick up my son today.

In

Back

10 pts, still probably not enough. I like these people suggesting bonuses :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom