Base-In-Your-Face Online Race 2013-2014

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
We are having it again this year - there's going to be some changes to the format again. This year we will be doing teams of 2 or 3 depending on participation. This way you aren't just accountable to yourself for getting out, you are accountable to some teammates. Hopefully this helps keep up motivation through the crappy weather of the winter months. Each team will "play" each other for a week - kinda like fantasy football. The team with the most points for the week wins. We can even do some playoffs if the format is working out. I'll update this post with rules, ways to score and prize details (beer for the 21+ age group/trophies) later in the week.

It will officially start on December 16th.

If you're new to this, or want a refresher on the train wreck that is the BIYF Online Race, check this link:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24941

Reply to the thread if you want to play this year!

Holy crap Liong - I moved over the summer and totally forgot I still owe you your trophy from last year :eek:

Objective:
Score as many points as you can. Person with the most points wins.
Start Date: 12/16/13
End date: Feb 28, 2014.

Teams!

How to Score Points and the Rules:

Way to Play
Teams will be decided on a weekly basis. I will match people up kinda randomly, sometimes not. Each team will play another team for a week. Each day is an opportunity to score points. Each rider will get 1 point for every 15 minutes of riding. There’s no difference in points for riding on the road or on trail, whether it’s cold or warm, raining or sunny, dark or light. It’s just about getting out on the bike. The team with the most points at the end of the week wins that game. At the end of the week, each rider walks away with a win or loss.

Example:
Kevin and AM play Norm and myself. Mon - Sun happens with no double days. Kevin and AM each ride one hour every day of the week, Norm and I only ride one hour each on two days of the week. Kevin and AM now have 56 pts, Norm and I only have 16 pts. Kevin and AM walk away with a win, Norm and I a loss. Next week we start with new people.

Double Days:
December 16th
Dec 24
Jan 1
Jan 9
Jan 17
Jan 25
Feb 2
Feb 10
Feb 18
Feb 28

Additional Rules:
There are no caps on the amount of points you can score on any given day. Points will be awarded occasionally for getting out in terribly cold weather (please see Bad Cop rule below), riding at absurd hours, very entertaining posts, obscene/creative gps files, and other random stuff. Since this an online race, we'll need some recaps and banter. If you add to the fun, you might get a bonus point. These points will be tossed out at the discretion of the site owners, mgmt, or if suggested by fellow participators/online hecklers (with discretion). Think of it as a cross between sprinting in the Tour de France, Who's Line Is It Anyway? and Paydirt.

GPS links required!

This is for fun, so rules and points will be flexible. Post your ride details in this thread and I will keep score on this post.

Prizes:
Winners will get a trophy, bragging rights for making it through this thing from start to finish, a fantastic beer, and/or something else I can cook up along the way.

Bad Cop's First Rule of Safety & Responsibility:
Anyone who rides trails in the rain, or roads when it snows/sleets shall be subject to no points in the game for that day. In no way do we want the safety of the players or the condition of the trails to be compromised. The point is to have fun, and not to risk ourselves for the sake of a big, albeit good, beer.

Standings:

See the link here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjmIOiuTb11LdEEwQXA3UkxISzVGSGFyLUdOeWVCX1E&usp=sharing

Your Record
------------------------------
W L T
fidodie (8- 2)
stb222 (8- 2)
jimvreeland (6- 4)
rick81721 (5- 4- 1)
liong71er (5- 4- 1)
M3Tim (5- 5)
pixychick (5- 5)
michael.su (5- 5)
Chris26er (5- 5)
Norm (4- 5- 1)
Glenn (4- 6)
ekuhn (4- 6)
Chris(NJ) (4- 6)
Cyclopath (4- 6)
ebineezer (4- 6)
bonefishjake (4- 6)
Arwen's Mom (3- 7)
jmanic (3- 7)
TeamMuddySprocket(3- 7)
I Ride Bikes (3- 7)
grilledcheeseking (3- 7)
jShort (2- 7- 1)
UtahJoe (2- 7- 1)
shrpshtr325 (2- 8)
Pagliacci (2- 8)
capedoc (2- 8)
moray42 (1- 9)

------------------------------

Last edited:
Won't be much of a player as reference to the commuter thread but will play...

lately I've got no game but...count me in. Good luck to whomever is stuck on my team!:D

The previous trophies...

2011-2012:

2012-2013:

I need some ideas for this year's trophy Clarkenator. ;)

How fitting, ill be in Florida for the first 4 days :)

Im in as always Dave

I'll play, and spare you the LL Cool J quotes because I'm not Nostradamus either.

Also interested how teams work. I also would like GPS to be required to play.

Wait..... what????

You want me to ride bikes when its cold and wet?

OK....OK....OK

I'm in, I just got to find my GPS.

I want to be on a slow team.:)

Back
Top Bottom