Baldpate / water company trails

ktmrider

Road last saturday at baldpate and was taken over to an area they called water company , had some decent tech trails . We did a loop in there and i was wondering how much is in that area ? It was a blast . we also saw a crew working on the trails . THANK YOU for your efforts

mstyer

Yup. @capedoc and I were out there last Saturday along with a couple of other local riders to run the weedwhackers and leaf blowers. Several others were working on bridges.

ktmrider

No i was with a group of 7 or 8 and i was the guy with the fatty .Well i was riding a fatty and had one in the pack ;) the guys we came across were doing rock work .

ktmrider

Looking to ride here wed 11/11 after work , is it ok to do a night ride there ? any suggestions on where to park would be great , the only time there i parked on church rd and some how made to that area .

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking to ride here wed 11/11 after work , is it ok to do a night ride there ? any suggestions on where to park would be great , the only time there i parked on church rd and some how made to that area .
You should reach out to @capedoc he has 411 you need.

mstyer

There's a small parking area on the south side of Rt. 518. The blue-blazed trail starts across the road.

Put these coordinates into Google Maps. 40.358524, -74.908416

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Baldpate and the greenway trail are ok right now but water company is super hard to follow in the dark right I had trouble staying in the trail with the leaves last week and that was at midday.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I figured it would be hard to follow , thx for the replies ... I will do this ride another day

Reach out to me next week if you want a tour. In up in there quite a bit.

Night riding is fine. But like kev said, lot of leaves on the ground.

I usually just ride to the trailhead from my house and enter via 518. There is a parking lot there but I'm not too keen on people parking there at night.

Most local folks that ride there are Parking down in Lambertville and riding up the dirt rd, (Rock rd.) and starting at that trailhead.

What ever you do, do not park at the top of Rock Rd. The house at the end of that road was sold last week and we haven't had a chance to introduce ourselves to the new owners and yet.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Will reach out to you next week , I will park in lambertville , and roll up with you . I will bring the fatty...The bike that is

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Public service announcement to whoever is listening:

Please stay out of the Water Co. for now. It's rained for a week and needs time to dry out. Was out there on foot and I can see that a lot of folks can't resist the urge to ride despite the wet conditions. It's damaging the trails. Lets use some common sense.

Mountain Bike Mike

Public service announcement to whoever is listening:

Please stay out of the Water Co. for now. It's rained for a week and needs time to dry out. Was out there on foot and I can see that a lot of folks can't resist the urge to ride despite the wet conditions. It's damaging the trails. Lets use some common sense.

Boooooo

But ok

B2F48DD0-AC89-4D10-8733-B49D02C502AE_zpsqw5pxo6q.gif

Top Bottom