Bald Eagle Sighting

Saw him today.....think h
Today while riding with @stb222 , we saw a Bald Eagle. We were travelling on the orange trail from Quakerbridge Rd /Hughes Dr heading towards the damn. Just before the damn, along the stream, the Eagle took off.

THE BIGGEST bird I ever seen up close. We must've been 30 - 40 yards away from this thing when we scared it and it took flight.

I had no idea we had Bald Eagles in Mercer. I knew of a nest between Trenton and Bordentown.

Wish we could've snapped a pic....

Anyone else see it?

Yep, twice....kind of hangs out by the paved trail where the metal chair is. Got up front and personal with him today, up in a tree, within 50 feet perched in a tree, but then again no one was around. Walked out to the berm and first sighted him there and then I saw him again when I walked back he perched in a tree. I have seen him a few weeks before, in the same location. FYI, Eagles are kind of skittish, let's see if we can keep this raptor around. There used to be a nest in the former Bulls Island State Park Camping Area. One day, me and my boyfriend were driving up Rt 32 on the PA side by Lumberton, and one started flying in formation with us as we went down the road. Sorry folks, like today, no GoPro and no phone. Also saw one fly overhead while driving down 295 in the vicinity of Bordentown about 2 years ago.

DirtyJerz

IMG_2878.JPG
3 of them this morning by the dam. HUUUUUGE!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2883.JPG
    IMG_2883.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 223

Rusty

now I can post this and people will believe me, lol. Saw a pair of adults (white head and tails) in the woods near the van nest section, with 3 juveniles (dont yet have white)...whole family of bald eagles living there now it seems. they flew into the woods over my head and landed in the trees above me not far from the BMX pit. Quite a sight as the adults are HUGE.

Reactions: TAS

viper8315

I looked for them yesterday afternoon, but didn't see them. I hope I'll spot them someday. I did see a huge blue heron flying over the stream though. Nice picture of the eagles!

Turbotrix

I saw a huge one sitting on the transmission lines in in Flemington. I snapped a picture with my phone and hung out for about 10 minutes, hoping to catch a photo of him in flight. It didn't appear that he'd be moving any time soon so I ran home to grab my camera.

IMG_3052.JPG IMG_3057.JPG IMG_3066.JPG IMG_3067.JPG

Mahnken

I live down in Sicklerville right next to a small lake. There's a pair that nest in the neighborhood somewhere. They hang out around the lake all the time, they're always flying past my house.

ECULhY
zdMTrV
zBUBzt

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions