balance bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnick

looking for a balance bike for my 3 year old. anybody have one they want to unload?

Gnick

Darn, just gave mine to a neighbor....who never used it and subsequently just moved....
ahhhhhhh bummer

i just took my kid to my LBS to pick up my bike after a hub rebuild. She lost it (in a good way) when she saw the kids bikes. Need to get her on one this spring. hopefully that passion stays with her and she'll want to ride with me as she gets older

Xler8

For all those that started off their young ones on a balance bike, what age and/or milestone made you feel comfortable introducing the bike?

oobaa47

For all those that started off their young ones on a balance bike, what age and/or milestone made you feel comfortable introducing the bike?

After a few months on the balance bike they will probably be ready. You'll know based off their speed and how long they coast for. Hardest part will be transitioning them to a bike with cranks and pedals. It's a lot more work for them then just shuffling their feet like Fred Flintstone. They're going to want to go back to their balance bike and not use their pedal bike at first.

Fire Lord Jim

After a few months? I guess it depends upon the age. My at the time 4 yr old needed less than a day on the balance bike before she figured it out. Maybe the Razor Scooter training helped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom