Awesomeness.

THATmanMANNY

This thread is turning into Fear Factor!:drooling:

Chicken-Nuts-truck-hanger.jpg

what???... it's just chicken

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I thought this thread was for trail talk ??? ....Maybe you guys need to start a food thread.

p.s. I like the chicken balls :D. Where can I get some?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
can i use this as my new sig? pllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee??? :D

I had no idea that you asked for permission on quoted sigs. Your quote about always busting everyones balls actually started the train of thought that led to my comment. ie why doesn't jake ever bust my balls? Maybe because I don't have any. If you are looking for legal consent:

pixychick does not permit use of quote "p.s. I like the chicken balls :D. Where can I get some?" in sigs, except for bonefishjake between the dates of April 20, 2012 and April 22, 2012.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Ellen:
Thanks for the giggles. Need it today. :D

Fuggers:
At the risk of sounding too draconian, can we get at least one Allamuchy thread back on track? I am sure it would make some segment of our registered, non-registered, banned and/or lurking population happy.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Revisiting this...
If I'm up top, on purple after the purple/white intersection, my first right at the dead leaning tree should be Rollie? I rode up past there a bit still on purple, then I stopped seeing (or noticing) purple blazes and came across a downed fence that had park border signs on it. Turned around there.
Questions:
Is the trail at the leaning tree Rollie?
Is it ok to go past the fence, and I'm assuming thats the same purple trail as down below?
There are a few trails off the left side when headed away from the intersection, which one is candyass?
thanks!

Got my butt kicked pretty thoroughly on Rollie on the singlespeed. Couldn't keep enough momentum, but the gearing was fine everywhere else so hate to change it. Didn't help my pride any when a guy in full Marty's regalia came past. I'm like, "well, he's on a.....shit it's a singlespeed." :D:cry:

I had fun though weather and trails were great, and the lot was packed when I left. Weren't we all supposed to be making breakfast in bed or something?

pxs231

The trail at the leaning tree is called cardiac bypass, since it gets you to the top where the cardiac trail also goes. Rollie starts at at the top where the cardiac and cardiac bypass meet.
Candyass is on the 517 side of the mountain. The trails near the fence will eventually end up at the boy scout camp. The one named trail in there is called "the middle". It pretty much runs along the west border of the boy scouts camp.
Take a look at the jorba map and the pile of spaghetti zig zagging on the west side of the mountain is candyass. Rollie is the south arc of the small loop near the peak of the mountain. If Rollie messed you up, candyass will definitely make you feel worse. The first two times I rode that trail I got a flat.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The trail at the leaning tree is called cardiac bypass, since it gets you to the top where the cardiac trail also goes. Rollie starts at at the top where the cardiac and cardiac bypass meet.
Candyass is on the 517 side of the mountain. The trails near the fence will eventually end up at the boy scout camp. The one named trail in there is called "the middle". It pretty much runs along the west border of the boy scouts camp.
Take a look at the jorba map and the pile of spaghetti zig zagging on the west side of the mountain is candyass. Rollie is the south arc of the small loop near the peak of the mountain. If Rollie messed you up, candyass will definitely make you feel worse. The first two times I rode that trail I got a flat.

Ok, I was going by this http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23259 map,(the one Andy posted) which shows Candyass pretty close to where I turned around. Huh. Next time there maybe I'll finish instead of start with the switchback loop and save some energy for exploring up top.
Cool, thanks.

It's funny, not that often I miss the geared FS bike, but yersterday was one of those days. Still probably bringing the singlespeed next time though :D

Last edited:

pxs231

Where you were is near the edge of the private property area. The purple blazes disappeared because the purple makes an abrupt right hand turn to start climbing up towards Rollie pollie. If you stayed on the fire road you would reach the fence like you did. I've never really gone past the fence but that's definitely not where candyass is. You'd eventually run into rt80 as the map shows. That part of the purple (after the right hand turn) climbs back up to the top but not too many people use it because it is pretty steep and cardiac bypass is more interesting.
The quickest way to candy ass is to climb the white until you get to the old pool looking structure (I guess it was used for irrigation) and watch for the right turn towards the purple trail. You do a fair bit of climbing on the purple until you reach the intersection where candyass starts. That way you only have to climb halfway up the mountain.
You could also joins us on the Thursday ride and we could do a tranquility special for you.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where you were is near the edge of the private property area. The purple blazes disappeared because the purple makes an abrupt right hand turn to start climbing up towards Rollie pollie. If you stayed on the fire road you would reach the fence like you did. I've never really gone past the fence but that's definitely not where candyass is. You'd eventually run into rt80 as the map shows. That part of the purple (after the right hand turn) climbs back up to the top but not too many people use it because it is pretty steep and cardiac bypass is more interesting.
The quickest way to candy ass is to climb the white until you get to the old pool looking structure (I guess it was used for irrigation) and watch for the right turn towards the purple trail. You do a fair bit of climbing on the purple until you reach the intersection where candyass starts. That way you only have to climb halfway up the mountain.
You could also joins us on the Thursday ride and we could do a tranquility special for you.

I would like to go with some people who know the layout. Maybe I can sneak out early one day soon.
Thx

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions