Awesomeness.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know a lot of you are regulars there, but it was my first time up and a real long time (years+) since Sean was there. Place is the bomb! Great flow, cool scenery, challenging too. Loved it. I'm assuming mostly Jorba work or no? Thanks all the same.:D

We did...orange all the way around up to white, took white just past the downhill switchbacks (Ice Cream?) then did a bit of a stumble trying to find a loop back. Ended up on a fire road, back on white, then up&down purple after the bridge (thanks to a couple other riders for the tip). Great ride. And conditions couldn't have been better. Ran long, I missed Dim Sum but it was well worth it....;)

Is purple over the top lumpy bumpy?

Cheers!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where do you go for Dim Sum?

Sean as in Alaska Sean?

Smackey on here. Don't think he's ever seen Alaska.

Noodle Chu in Parsippany, on 46W by Home Depot. It's authentic...my wife (who is Chinese) spotted a cook she'd seen before in Flushing (figure Chinatown lite). :D

crash

you can always tell the quality of the dim sum by the flakiness of the 蝦餃 ha gaau.
throw in a little 叉燒包, cha siu baau, and call it a meal.

for a challenge try holding three salty peanuts with your chopsticks. almost as tough a balancing act as the NJ Slick rock just south of lumpy bumpy.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
chinese food is my favorite

What would you know about Chinese food?

Noodle Chu in Parsippany, on 46W by Home Depot. It's authentic...my wife (who is Chinese) spotted a cook she'd seen before in Flushing (figure Chinatown lite). :D

Wife tells me she's been there but forgets if it's any good. I don't remember, but I feel like I have and it was ordinary. Neither my wife nor I are Chinese* though.

I told her we need to go (or go back). I feel like dim sum is at an all-time low in NJ right now. The place in West Orange is flat, Hank's place near the Turtleback Zoo is long gone, and the place in Greenbrook is pretty ordinary. It's all just meh these days. Manny says the place on 1/9 but getting there is literally slightly less difficult than just going to Chinatown.

* it's not the same, Manny. Don't make me send my in-laws to your house

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is Jeremy Lin "Chinese?"

I don't know anything about Chinese Food but I hear this place is pretty good but you always get that two star fool that doesn't know what he is talking about. Bring your in-laws though because they have a discriminatory chinese only menu

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hong-kong-garden-somerset

He was born in LA, man.

I hear that place on Easton Ave is good, though only white people have told me that. My in-laws won't go outside of a 10 mile radius of their house, which is fine really.

Yeah yeah, I know, I owe you a visit. IDK what's wrong with me. I'm a piss poor friend.

smackey

No, I have not been to Alaska, but I'd like to go. :D

As Extremedave said, it was a long ride by our standards but lots of fun. I had not been there in some time (5+ years) and it was great to see marked trails and a lot less ATV/motorcycle traffic than I remembered.

We beat ourselves up pretty good. Volleyball last night was not easy.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What would you know about Chinese food?

Wife tells me she's been there but forgets if it's any good. I don't remember, but I feel like I have and it was ordinary. Neither my wife nor I are Chinese* though.

I told her we need to go (or go back). I feel like dim sum is at an all-time low in NJ right now. The place in West Orange is flat, Hank's place near the Turtleback Zoo is long gone, and the place in Greenbrook is pretty ordinary. It's all just meh these days. Manny says the place on 1/9 but getting there is literally slightly less difficult than just going to Chinatown.

* it's not the same, Manny. Don't make me send my in-laws to your house

It's fine, but not extraordinary. Close enough to Chinatown authentic to be worth the 1.5 hours less in traffic and parking. Good enough for my wife to bring her parents (both native Chinese). If we go to Chinatown it's for rolls (Bao), Big Wong's noodles and pork, and Chinatown Ice Cream factory. :D

There is a new place that opened up across the street from Noodle Chu...might be the old HoJo's location...just after the gas station. Pretty ok too but the service ain't that great.

We beat ourselves up pretty good. Volleyball last night was not easy.

I had a feeling. Eric said he felt pretty good, the bastard. :D

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is a new place that opened up across the street...might be the old HoJo's location...just after the gas station. Pretty ok too but the service ain't that great.

Across from Jasper (near DD) and the small Asian market on 46? Went there with the in-laws once and my FIL exploded with some sort of allergy reaction to something. Have not been there since. It was pretty big IIRC. Our problem with dim sum is that it's better to go with a big group of people so you can order 1 of everything.

Went to Big Wong with my coworker a month ago or so. I love the 1000 year egg & pork congee. It's awesome to be able to get lunch for $4. Then grab some zong zi and guavas and maybe a few buns. But even the NYC buns don't do the trick. It's just not the same.

I need to head back up. The subway is literally across the street and takes like 11 minutes to get there. Always too damn busy. I suck.

jackx

If you're riding in the Allamuchy area and need a local dim sum fix, there is the Pandan room restaurant in Hackettstown. They have dim sum on weekends.

http://www.pandanroom.com/

Two things to keep in mind though:

(1) I am not an authority of any sort on dim sum, although I thought Noodle Chu was decent - but I was there with a colleague who ordered in Chinese.

(2) Pandan Room is a Thai and Indonesian restaurant, not Chinese.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Across from Jasper (near DD) and the small Asian market on 46? Went there with the in-laws once and my FIL exploded with some sort of allergy reaction to something. Have not been there since. It was pretty big IIRC. Our problem with dim sum is that it's better to go with a big group of people so you can order 1 of everything.

Went to Big Wong with my coworker a month ago or so. I love the 1000 year egg & pork congee. It's awesome to be able to get lunch for $4. Then grab some zong zi and guavas and maybe a few buns. But even the NYC buns don't do the trick. It's just not the same.

I need to head back up. The subway is literally across the street and takes like 11 minutes to get there. Always too damn busy. I suck.

It kills me to see what four or five bucks could get me, considering what the slop is around my work. Sigh.

THATmanMANNY

Extreeeeeme

2012-04-19184512.jpg

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gaaah! I hate it when someone in my wife's family eats the eyes on the fish. Ugh.

Jackx that's probably get me in big trouble but it'd be cool,.. "no honey, I'm going to ride a bit longer and have dim sum here, ok?":D

smackey

Gaaah! I hate it when someone in my wife's family eats the eyes on the fish.

I have a friend who does that when we eat out with them. He has dared me to eat one of the eyes but I've never had enough sangria to do it.

Now, chicken hearts while out for rodizio ...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My FIL always eats them. I never tried. But I ate chicken nuts once. They were pretty rough. Gotta dig the picture out for that one.

We stew chicken hearts on the stove. Big old pot of them with liver. Good stuff.

pxs231

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334894369.578143.jpg
Do you know what that is? Lamb head and foot stew. That piece on the right side is the tongue and somewhere in there in a clump of brain. There is some eye and ear in there as well and it is delicious!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions