Awesome Day at wotk... not

Dingo

What a great way to get out of work and find my rack, 'Hit&Run' .... I did confront the scumbag salesman, and he fessed up to hitting it. He say's to bend it straight and he will give me a few bucks.. Uh, no pal your buying a new rack.

Really liked the bent up one, very minimal approach, and sturdy as a rock. The alloy took a good hit.

Thought he was going to have a heart attack when I showed him Thule pricing.

That fat fucker is going to pay!

Attachments

• bike rack wreck.jpg
    bike rack wreck.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 232

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Should check the frame of the car that the rack is connected to make sure there is no damage there.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dude that is a serious hit.... good thing your bike was not on it he would have the heart attack...

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bummer, but glad it's gonna be covered.

The general manager at work is getting priceing on tuhle xt pro. He is going to have sticker shock.

I forget who told me this story,
but someone's employee rear-ended a couple with a hitch rack on their way to vacation.
Owner dudeman (non-biker) felt bad, told them to replace the bikes and send him the bill.
Bossman got a lesson about how much bikes can cost.

Dingo

Well my employer is not covering chit. Finally coerced the salesman into paying me something. He insisted on asking how old the rack is, like it depreciates like a new car er something. I said doesn't matter how old, this morning it was able to carry 2 bikes, and now I need a new one because of your mistake. Got him to give up 300 cash. I only paid 250 for it, but will have to shell out 200....

Is the One-up the one to get?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bummer, but glad it's gonna be covered.

I forget who told me this story,
but someone's employee rear-ended a couple with a hitch rack on their way to vacation.
Owner dudeman (non-biker) felt bad, told them to replace the bikes and send him the bill.
Bossman got a lesson about how much bikes can cost.

I don't know if I told you that story, but the exact same thing thing happened to my boss.

I had just bought my first FS mountain bike and he started the story off with "I bought two expensive bikes once".

The people in the car were on their way up north for some bike trip. Bought two bikes up there and gave him the bill.

alex_k

my vote for 1upusa because installation takes 15-20 seconds and no rust and deteriorating plastic (no plastic actually) after 2 years

alex_k

do you leave the rack on the car, or remove it after every ride?
I remove my rack after every ride because of my daily paring at a train station. I also install 2d bike extension only I need it - that takes extra 20-25 sec.

qclabrat

kuats are nice too
sort of the design opposite of the 1up
all shiny and blingy
you can't go wrong with either IMO

Dingo

kuats are nice too
sort of the design opposite of the 1up
all shiny and blingy
you can't go wrong with either IMO

shiny bling is not my style. Function is foremost. A plus is less bling is less likely to be stolen, since I leave it on the car most of the year. I was perfectly satisfied with the pre-unbent rack. One thing about the 1-up, I don't get the ball in the receiver pin hole. How does that work?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well my employer is not covering chit. Finally coerced the salesman into paying me something. He insisted on asking how old the rack is, like it depreciates like a new car er something. I said doesn't matter how old, this morning it was able to carry 2 bikes, and now I need a new one because of your mistake. Got him to give up 300 cash. I only paid 250 for it, but will have to shell out 200....

Is the One-up the one to get?

without judgement on either of you - his responsibility is to replace/repair what you have. if the value of that X year old bike rack is $50. Then it is $50.
He does not have to replace the functionality that it provided with a new rack.

that being said, it would be a douche move on his part not to dig in for a couple hundred for the inconvenience, and hitting it without saying anything. <-- and i find this the most disturbing part, who does that?

Top Bottom