ATV use in at split rock resevoir

jpn

article today at nj.com about off duty police officer in an ATV accident at splitrock resevoir. somebody suing town for public records says ATV use is illegal there. town says they don't think ATV use is illegal.

anybody know. I thought ATV use was illegal on all county and state property?

dommie67

In 2007, Kelley was convicted of harassment and fined $500 after licking then-councilman Dachisen on the face and head-butting him before a council meeting.

So I guess the licking and headbutting thing is frowned upon at town council meetings now?

jpn

I just can't believe the mayor and town attorney said that ATV riding was not illegal. If I were an ATV rider I would be all over that.

does that mean that mountain biking is legal there too?

there is a lot going on in this story.

thanks for the replies

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In 2007, Kelley was convicted of harassment and fined $500 after licking then-councilman Dachisen on the face and head-butting him before a council meeting.

So I guess the licking and headbutting thing is frowned upon at town council meetings now?

Tucker Kelley is an absolute beast, you should see the guy. Like a piece of construction equipment with legs. I bought a dirtbike off him many years ago, nice enough to deal with. Apparently he's decided to be the official town thorn in the side. Keeps them on their toes!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions