attention car people, urgent help needed

qclabrat

my daughter belongs to a robotics club and someone screwed up the specs or calc and got an underpowered winch to lift the robot which is 120 lbs. Anyone know where they can get one locally today? I don't have specs yet, but will forward along. Thanks ahead for any help

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I think you can get reasonable priced winches at Harbor Freight. They are in Greenbrook on 22. Maybe Tractor Supply also.

qclabrat

I think you can get reasonable priced winches at Harbor Freight. They are in Greenbrook on 22. Maybe Tractor Supply also.
thanks, I've passed it on, the build deadline is Tuesday and with the holiday they are going to have a hard time

Matt_

I Get Jokes
this is for FirstRobotics and the task to get on the mother ship at the end. I think it has to be relatively compact

Oh I know what it's for, we built a winch. ;)

imagejpeg_0.jpg

The boat winch is for the trailer. It's pretty compact. Clutches had an issue so we took it off, but will work for this application

qclabrat

they have a motor but the winch they got has a top handle instead of a side mount handle. they need the barrel and axle on the winch only, so it will need to be dismantled. The top mount design isn't fitting

Matt_

I Get Jokes
they have a motor but the winch they got has a top handle instead of a side mount handle. they need the barrel and axle on the winch only, so it will need to be dismantled. The top mount design isn't fitting

Was thinking they could use the RC30 structure and planetary gear setup mated to a mini-cim motor.

qclabrat

def boat trailer part. run over to the marina on rt 22 if they don't stock one at HF.
DR closed today, found one at Tractor Supply in Flanders
sent them that way, hope its what they need, thanks all and keep the suggestions coming if they don't get lucky

Top Bottom