Ask Norm Next Tuesday

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Why do I get an image of a pink bird wearing a wig when I read this?

this
giphy (2).gif

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Red Wine Vinagrette all day son. This fact is from a Full-time Salad Eater, not a part-timer like yourself.
No part time here dad, salad every day sometimes twice. I just add a cow or pig to it ? I am with you on the vinaigrette but choice balmy wins.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
So many good questions but sadly, I only have room for 1 today.

This was a really enjoyable video Norm, thank you.

I absolutely agree that one can objectively state that this is the golden era. The team and site are contributing to the community as much as ever, or even more now than ever. You downplayed many great things that mtbnj pioneered in local promoting, and there is at least a 20 minute video in the finer details of your first foray into promoting and the events leading up to it. There are so many more great milestones and NJ mtb community initiatives that this site has produced or promoted too, but an "ask Norm" is probably not the place for it. If only we knew someone who had serious writing chops...

I would also like to give a shout out to Jason G. He actually envisioned, created and started fiddling with the domain well before 2004, years before iirc. As you mentioned he also started one of our state's most popular fb & meetup groups. He is a founding committee member of our NICA league, and our current Chief Course Setter. The first year he was also the Chief Course Marshal, which is mind boggling. He has made impact nationally in the NICA community as well, writing and implementing all kinds of policies and best practices and secured a national radio license that leagues are using from coast to coast. He is also the mastermind behind Dickerson Mine and countless JORBA projects. He is humble and hardworking...I could go on and on. As a matter of fact he was out digging tonight in Chester to reroute a boring section of grass on the NICA course to some sweet rocky single track.

Anyway, thanks again. You and the team are great people & friends, and we are all fortunate to be a part of this. Back to making one post every week or month or whatever for me. =p

The Kalmyk

I think Norm was around when Grease trucks were near Vorhees Mall? Predating salad eating- I wonder what truck he used to soak up all the alcohol consumed?

ekuhn

I would also like to give a shout out to Jason G. He actually envisioned, created and started fiddling with the domain well before 2004, years before iirc. As you mentioned he also started one of our state's most popular fb & meetup groups. He is a founding committee member of our NICA league, and our current Chief Course Setter. The first year he was also the Chief Course Marshal, which is mind boggling. He has made impact nationally in the NICA community as well, writing and implementing all kinds of policies and best practices and secured a national radio license that leagues are using from coast to coast. He is also the mastermind behind Dickerson Mine and countless JORBA projects. He is humble and hardworking...I could go on and on. As a matter of fact he was out digging tonight in Chester to reroute a boring section of grass on the NICA course to some sweet rocky single track

Truth. @Jason built this back when TSSB (Tri State Sportbikes) wasn’t enough. He was bored cause he had no fairings for his gixxer. If you love two wheels, ya never leave em, just increase or decrease the amount of horsepower over time.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Truth. @Jason built this back when TSSB (Tri State Sportbikes) wasn’t enough. He was bored cause he had no fairings for his gixxer. If you love two wheels, ya never leave em, just increase or decrease the amount of horsepower over time.
I actually was able to get http://tristatesportbikes.com back after all these years but I just forward it to Joe's forum now.

Top Bottom