Ask Norm Next Tuesday

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
2. Oscar the pallet king

like when we updated the wiki for EVERYTHING

What was better, the top days of MTBNJ Racing or MTBNJ Everything? IDK there is a right/wrong answer to that question.

All those things i mentioned didn't have to do with us racing, or maybe it did. What about when VTC would have those threads no one would understand? When RacerChick would recap every CX race?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What about when VTC would have those threads no one would understand?

I would argue the VTC was the 2nd lowest point for MTBNJ. They single handedly turned this place into a total dump. I am answering this here as I do not think this is video-worthy.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
like when we updated the wiki for EVERYTHING
well Norm updated it...and there was alot to update
I had to go back and read that story again bc @Norm s recap of it sill cracks me up.....Just wish someone had a camera rolling on me, you @Mitch @Kirt dragging those pallets...I dont think I have ever seen mitch that pissed off :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I mean I think we agree - that was the sweet spot of MTBNJ Racing.

But right now, I think we do more in the overall picture.

Having said that, I think the question becomes: What was better, the top days of MTBNJ Racing or MTBNJ Everything? IDK there is a right/wrong answer to that question.
Obviously the forum and the team are two different things. I would say that 08-2010, the forum and the team were very closely stitched together. At that time, you knew exactly who was on the team and how they did in each race, mainly because a large percentage had a thread on here. As one that doesn't see people in real life that much, and at that time even less so, it felt like you knew the team from just being on the forum.

At this point, I would say the forum and the team are much further apart. Part of this is likely the shift toward promoting and most of the team not training / racing, but who knows. Whatever it is, I couldn't name half of the team at this point, or put a face to a picture.

BTW, I am not saying this is good or bad, it is just different.

Also, I randomly saw Bill last June in Laguna Beach, CA while walking down the street wearing a Halters hat. So random.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Now I just don't want to watch it
But all of OOS is like this after watching it:
giphy.gif

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I would argue the VTC was the 2nd lowest point for MTBNJ. They single handedly turned this place into a total dump. I am answering this here as I do not think this is video-worthy.
i guess youre right, i only remember the good parts

qclabrat

We're all good with the OOS tom foolery, kinda reminds me of the guy who pins down the kid brother and threatens to spit it their mouth.
Funny thing when we meet on the trails, your poking bear types are pretty nice folks. Most are a lot more vocal here than in person, but I guess that's normal when you don't have to deal with eye contact and such. Yeah, it bothers me at times, but whatever, we're just riding, talking bikes and any other topic of the day. This is place is an outlet for me as the past two years hasn't been my favorite, so all participating in this banter has contributed to my therapy in a way.

Thanks Norm for the site history and Happy B-day Julia

Top Bottom