Ask Norm Next Tuesday

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
norm.mtbnj.com

Get your click in, cause this has a limited life!
Screen shot for posterity

Screenshot_20190612-070855.png

P.S. and in the light of day, I noticed my glaring typo... I had to go back and fix that.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love you and your family so please update your smoke detectors. They should be swapped maximum 10 years. Judging by the discoloration of the one above you, it's time :)
Plus smoke detectors should be located at least 12 inches from the wall

Mountain Bike Mike

@Norm - For next Tuesday... your thoughts on MTBNJ’s Short track loop at Mooch and if it is appropriate for a NICA event... also considering the participation #s from this year’s ST event with regards to kids / nica kids. You and I spoke about the challenges with parking and other logisitcs.. yada yada..

I think I read a comment somewhere by @jShort - something to the tune of... it is great to see all these kids... xc is not dead...

Context - watching your recent social media posts from the nica events... @stb222 and I are discussing you and your recent involvement with NICA with a prediction that you / MTBNJ could help promote a NICA event in the future.. hopefully at Mooch... ?

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
@Norm - For next Tuesday... your thoughts on MTBNJ’s Short track loop at Mooch and if it is appropriate for a NICA event... also considering the participation #s from this year’s ST event with regards to kids / nica kids. You and I spoke about the challenges with parking and other logisitcs.. yada yada..

I think I read a comment somewhere by @jShort - something to the tune of... it is great to see all these kids... xc is not dead...

Context - watching your recent social media posts from the nica events... @stb222 and I are discussing you and your recent involvement with NICA with a prediction that you / MTBNJ could help promote a NICA event in the future.. hopefully at Mooch... ?

No promises, but we started looking at the BSA property at last year's Cranks event as a possible race venue. Some folks including our Chief Course Setter @Jason and @Norm are headed out there in the coming weeks to meet with the BSA and take a deeper look at it. They'll complete an official survey to determine feasibility. We would love to race there.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No promises, but we started looking at the BSA property at last year's Cranks event as a possible race venue. Some folks including our Chief Course Setter @Jason and @Norm are headed out there in the coming weeks to meet with the BSA and take a deeper look at it. They'll complete an official survey to determine feasibility. We would love to race there.

the old st loop through the camp would be more spectator friendly! and easier to snow-blow. ;)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
@Jorm Anyone on the boards that reminds you of you when you were younger?
Do I get extra credit for reviving this thread 2 weeks in a row?

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you doing cross this year? If we get sludge every weekend like last season, will you quit cross forever?

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't have any clever questions today so I'll just ask:
How's it going?
?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi @Norm!

1) You are in a room, and someone places a scoop of ice cream in front of you.
You can have that scoop now, or if you wait 15 minutes, you can have the whole damn pint.
Which do you choose?

And to follow up:

C) Bird : Nest : : Nickleback : ___________ .

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
An old buddy of mine wants to get back into MTBing. He wants to ride with me every weekend. I love the guy but sure as hell don’t have the time (or desire) to wait for an out-of-shape-middle-aged man on every ride. How do I get out of this dilemma?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
An old buddy of mine wants to get back into MTBing. He wants to ride with me every weekend. I love the guy but sure as hell don’t have the time (or desire) to wait for an out-of-shape-middle-aged man on every ride. How do I get out of this dilemma?

tell him about the OOS cf on this site, just dont tell him its a clusterfuck! then @Fire Marshal Max and @Paul H can wait around for him instead of you!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm, with all this rain, at what point should i start building myself an ark and gathering mating pairs of animals?

Last edited:
Top Bottom