Are people riding in this heat?

MMuller

The heat, humidity with no decent breeze has been brutal and wondering if people are still out in the woods or on the road. I know there are still some races going on and people are usually training for something. But when is it just too hot? I'll ride down to the beach in search of the southerlies but get there and with the ocean temp way up, even they don't provide much relief.
Either way, hope this breaks soon. It's not even August yet!

It's been this hot for 2 months down south, you just acclimate to it. 95 degrees yesterday, NBD.
i've been riding in it. its brutal. never sweat so much in my life, but as long as i drink enough water i've been good. wife is not so happy about the car seat being soaked for hours after though

Just came back from 3 days at Nockamixon and been road riding (intervals) at IBSP. We are lucky enough to be able to get in in early in the day. We fill in the blanks with paddling and we try not to acclimate to the AC until we return from the morning activities. Works for us......

I try to beat it by riding at 6am..get it in before the blaze. Its still humid AF.

I enjoy the sweat aspect of it for rediculous reasons.
Don't ask why, I do not wish to expose any more of my crazy logic. Lol

Like Pearl said, just acclimate.

yes...4pm..heat of the day. What are the options? ride a trainer in the summer? Pass on precious days of sunlight? Not likely bc of a little heat.

I haven't been riding that much but I can't blame the heat. When I went out on Weds at 3:30 I thought I must be crazy but once I got to the woods and the shade it was really not bad at all.

Usually like mtb rides in the heat to get out of the sun but when its this bad and with the annoying gnats I'd rather hit the road in the morning. As long as you keep moving it's fine.

I rode Fugawe yesterday where it's impossible to go over 1mph. Pretty sure Sigety rides in the heat on purpose so he normalizes to it for racing.

Yes. Road provides a bit more relief as the air is always moving over you. Early mornings when I can. Still kinda sucks.

I've been out as much as I can. As a matter of fact I'm going out later today for a 25mile ride on my roadbike.

I went out for an easy ride mostly on old railbeds on Wednesday afternoon and then we rode Wildcat. We just took it a bit easier and didn't ride any of the crazier stuff. It really wasn't that bad, but I wasn't in the mood to do it again yesterday, so I went to the climbing gym where they have A/C. I'll probably go out for an easy road/trail spin this afternoon, or I just might be glued to my couch.

Back
Top Bottom