Anyone with Plumbing Skills, your thoughts on this?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
My kitchen faucet (Moen 7570) has developed a leak in the vicinity of the red circle. It doesn't appear to be coming from the junction just below (to the left) of it, since when hot or cold are running, there is a slow steady leak from above the black plastic piece. The leak isn't coming from further up either (e.g. the white plastic web hose that leads into the faucet body. Best I can tell, that white hose, along with the black part at the end, needs to be replaced, but I can't access the faucet body to tell whether it can be replaced or if I need a whole new faucet. The faucet is only 2.5 years old (!) and it was pricey. Any plumbers out there with ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Faucet%20picture_zpsbdtzfmhb.jpg

ktmrider

was it purchased at a plumbing supply ? I know we have had some issues with faucets going bad and most are covered by the manufacturer .I didn't purchase any from the box stores and the faucets were between 1 & 2 grand . if its from lowes or HD throw it away and buy new . they are cheap enough there . That is a factory installed piece and not sure if its servicable

Kaleidopete

I've seen a repair kit that is a fabric mesh weave and some sort of epoxy. You soak the mesh and wrap the leaky hose / connection and let it harden. Fixed. Check local hardware / pluming. cheapy fix

ktmrider

I once used a epoxy to stop a slow drip in a basement i did because i was leaving for vacation the next day …. well it didn't work and the owners were away as well . the total repair cost 64 thousand . I would stay away from any "quick " fixes

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
Thanks gents....I was able to take the faucet body apart. The problematic hose is the outlet hose, but it is linked to the hot and cold hoses by an integrated plastic piece. I bought it from a plumbing fixture store in Morris Plains (not HD or Lowes). Manual says don't call the store where I bought it, but call the help line. So I'll have to do that tomorrow and order a replacement. Sink out of commission till then. Thanks again.

rick81721

Lothar
was it purchased at a plumbing supply ? I know we have had some issues with faucets going bad and most are covered by the manufacturer .I didn't purchase any from the box stores and the faucets were between 1 & 2 grand . if its from lowes or HD throw it away and buy new . they are cheap enough there . That is a factory installed piece and not sure if its servicable

1-2 thousand for a faucet? Is it machined from a solid block of titanium? I can't imagine any faucet being worth that much

pxs231

All moen faucets have lifetime warranty. Just call them and they will send you a replacement piece for free. They did that for my 7 year old kitchen faucet purchased from HD. No proof of purchase or registration required

icebiker

JORBA.ORG
All moen faucets have lifetime warranty. Just call them and they will send you a replacement piece for free. They did that for my 7 year old kitchen faucet purchased from HD. No proof of purchase or registration required

Indeed! I called them today and should have a new faucet (the entire fixture, not just the part I need) in a couple of days. Took all of 5 minutes on the phone with a super helpful rep.
Imagine if bike companies had the same warranty?

Me: Uh, Salsa, my derailleur pulley is seized.
Salsa: No worries, we'll get a new Mukluk out to you tomorrow.

:D

rlb

I once used a epoxy to stop a slow drip in a basement i did because i was leaving for vacation the next day …. well it didn't work and the owners were away as well . the total repair cost 64 thousand . I would stay away from any "quick " fixes

Negative like. Bet the owner learned to turn off the water when on vacation!

ktmrider

Rob those owners pay me to change all there lightbulbs once a year . I think there are 120 high hats alone … its alot of lightbulbs . They lived in the house for 2 years before realizing they had a central vac system, so i highly doubt they even know where the valves are .

Top Bottom