Anyone use this trainer

hotsauce

Trainers have been discussed in moderate detail elsewhere here but it's a good trainer for a non-smart trainer. The TrainerRoad guys rate that as one of their favorite fluid trainer. It's built in such a way where the fluid should never leak and is on the quieter side for fluid trainers.

Also consider an entry level smart trainer, like a Kickr Snap for a little bit more money. Read DCRainmaker for tons of trainer reviews and commentary.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have the "dumb" version of this. Have had for 5+ years with zero problems. As hotsauce said, works great with TrainerRoad, which is what I use. Prolly werks with Zwift.

Wolfie2nd

Wow never even though of a smart trainer! Thanks! Now off to do some research Kickr Snap fits the budget now time to look at the reviews.
Im assuming id need some type of special trainer tire

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Im assuming id need some type of special trainer tire

No. Perfect use of old worn out tires that are just a little unsafe to ride on the road.

I asked the local bike shop if they had any junk rear wheels. They gave me a shitty Shimano wheel missing a spoke. I was able to true it up although it's way offset, perfect for the trainer. Having a second wheel with a cheap cassette/tire makes things so much easier. I'd ask around.

I have a cycleops Fluid2. I'm on my 3rd warranty unit, this one is super loud. I'm done with their trainers. I don't even spend that much time on the trainer and yet they keep breaking.

hotsauce

I have a cycleops Fluid2. I'm on my 3rd warranty unit, this one is super loud.
Tire choice also affects sounds. Road tires also shed rubber a bit which may matter depending on where you set up the trainer. I was using a Vittoria trainer tire and it was relatively quiet and no black dust.

The fan is louder than the trainer so trainer noise doesn't all that much though.

Wolfie2nd

My LBS has me sold on rollers! He loned me the set up and explained the reasoning to go this route and it made good sense. Now im in the market cause im sure you get what ya pay for as with anything.

Top Bottom