Anyone into Hot Sauce?

pkovo

We went to CR on our honeymoon. I tried to make Gallo Pinto when we returned but it just wasn't the same without Lizano. We took another trip down the following year and brought back a few bottles. But I agree, not the best stuff for you! Assuming I can get it at a bodega in Bound Brook (huge Costa Rican population here) but I haven't looked

My wife used to get it somewhere here., and we lived in Branchburg at the time, so it's quite possible she got it in Bound Brook. That was going back around 15 yrs ago though, guessing at this point you can simply order it up online.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
My go-to is brother brubru which is based on an African chile. Hottest I have is ultra death. Lots in between.

Love Blair’s stuff. His restaurant was down the street from my friends house. Used to go all the time. As far as hot sauce in general I always keep a couple bottles around. Notice the four pk of Death sauce.

Attachments

• 904FDC4D-0372-4593-9C91-213BDA158220.jpeg
    904FDC4D-0372-4593-9C91-213BDA158220.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 9

walter

Fourth Party
How spicy is spicy? Fan of Kosciusko, personally. Not "hot" like hot mustard, but way better than Guldan's.

Mix in some Frank's :)
Yes, love Kosciusko, but looking for something with a bit more bite too it. Years ago I went to a St Pats party and the host made his own spicy mustard, I believe he said it was Kosciusko with fresh horseradish added. It was slammin.

Hmmm, 2 ingredients. I guess I should get on this.

Karate Monkey

Yes, love Kosciusko, but looking for something with a bit more bite too it. Years ago I went to a St Pats party and the host made his own spicy mustard, I believe he said it was Kosciusko with fresh horseradish added. It was slammin.

Hmmm, 2 ingredients. I guess I should get on this.

Pretty par for the course for Polish, anyway. If we hadn't finally gotten all the horseradish out of the garden (never plant it if you aren't sure you really want it...), I'd give you a root.

FYI, it gets more pungent the older it is, so you can tailor it to what you are looking for.

If you really want fire coming out of your nostrils, get the red pickled horseradish sold in Eastern European stores.

qclabrat

I personally don't get super hot sauces, the spiciness just masks the flavor. A long while ago my favorites were Widow and Dave's Total, which are just under 100k SU. Even then, more than a few drops and the bitterness over runs the flavor. Nowadays 50k is where I like it, never tried the ghost and jolokia peppers, but willing to try if anyone can tell me what makes them taste unique to others.

Reactions: rlb

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Been buying this dudes stuff for a few years now. The sea salt is fantastic, and his black garlic hot sauce it really good, too

recommendation acted upon. will report back in a few week! ty.

Top Bottom