Anyone into Hot Sauce?

I have become a fan of dry wings, dont like them sloppy. If anyone has a good recipe for a hot rub for wings please share.

Years ago I got hooked on Lizano Sauce after having it on a surf trip to Costa-Rica. Not a hot sauce, more like the Costa Rican version of Ketchup I guess....it was always on the table every where we ate down there. That stuff was delicious. I used to put it on everything, but once I realized how much sodium was in it, I stopped buying it.

We went to CR on our honeymoon. I tried to make Gallo Pinto when we returned but it just wasn't the same without Lizano. We took another trip down the following year and brought back a few bottles. But I agree, not the best stuff for you! Assuming I can get it at a bodega in Bound Brook (huge Costa Rican population here) but I haven't looked

The current lineup. I'm not big into it but I like a sauce that gives flavor + heat. Cholula is not a bad go-to for me.

The siete is delicious and goes on eggs, avocados, etc. The orange crush is disappointing, not much flavor. The gochujang just got opened last night and did not disappoint, much like the 365 ketchup. Should have bought more of that while I could!

IMG_20180806_191700.jpg

Kinda on topic, anyone have a good spicy mustard they like? Every one of the big store brands seems to let me down

Kinda on topic, anyone have a good spicy mustard they like? Every one of the big store brands seems to let me down

How spicy is spicy? Fan of Kosciusko, personally. Not "hot" like hot mustard, but way better than Guldan's.

Mix in some Frank's :)

Take one you like mix mustard powder and water. Do not breathe. Add to favorite mustard to taste.

Current line up, 4 on the left are regular rotation, other 3 are shelfies.
Bag of home grown Thai Dragons for extra credit (just on the edge there)
IMG_2182.JPG

So Frank's is the workhorse.
Sriracha, because. (Not brand particular on this)
Chipotle cholula for burritos
And Picamas- Guatemalan ketchup- for urrrrrything. It's like $10/bottle on Amazon, $1 at your local bodega.
Love it.

Current line up, 4 on the left are regular rotation, other 3 are shelfies.
Bag of home grown Thai Dragons for extra credit (just on the edge there)
View attachment 74634

So Frank's is the workhorse.
Sriracha, because. (Not brand particular on this)
Chipotle cholula for burritos
And Picamas- Guatemalan ketchup- for urrrrrything. It's like $10/bottle on Amazon, $1 at your local bodega.
Love it.
+1 for Picamas, absolutely tasty

When I can, I grow a few pots of peppers and make my own. Can't grow really spicy in nj but tastes damn good. Fallback: buy whatever they have at the farmer's market, cook the daylights out of it.

Also, jar of vinegar I've been throwing peppers in for 4 years
20180807_023347.jpg

I don't like crazy hot, but I keep plain old Tabasco and Franks on hand. I like them both. Franks for a little heat with a little extra flavor and Tabasco more for just a little heat. Neither one is over the top hot. I like that Tabasco has very few ingredients...pretty straight forward stuff.

I have a few different brands of Sriracha on hand as well, but my favorite is Harris Teeter's house brand (HT Trader Sriracha Sauce). Harris Teeter is a supermarket down south. It's not as hot as some other more traditional Sriracha, and has kind of a sweet flavor. A Tostito dipped in classic hummus, with pea size dollop of this sriracha on it = Delicious!

Years ago I got hooked on Lizano Sauce after having it on a surf trip to Costa-Rica. Not a hot sauce, more like the Costa Rican version of Ketchup I guess....it was always on the table every where we ate down there. That stuff was delicious. I used to put it on everything, but once I realized how much sodium was in it, I stopped buying it.
have you tried this? 1533640228518.png

Back
Top Bottom