Anyone here do Appliance Repair..?

Northern Ivy

It seems that our Maytag Neptune gas dryer is no longer producing heat. Looking for someone to make the repair ASAP in Middlesex County.....

Can you handle a multi meter? I would suggest checking the thermal fuse usually in the back. Sometimes they just go, other times you need to find out why they went. I would check and replace if needed and see if it goes again (if that is what the cause is).

Yeah. I had the thermal fuse go on mine last year. It was surprisingly easy to fix. If it is the thermal fuse, you likely have a build up of lint in the vent piping that goes outside the building. If you are handy, you might consider going on YouTube and looking at the dryer repair videos for Maytag Neptune. Then decide if you can diagnose and fix it or bring in a repairman. Good luck!

Yeah. I had the thermal fuse go on mine last year. It was surprisingly easy to fix. If it is the thermal fuse, you likely have a build up of lint in the vent piping that goes outside the building. If you are handy, you might consider going on YouTube and looking at the dryer repair videos for Maytag Neptune. Then decide if you can diagnose and fix it or bring in a repairman. Good luck!

I replaced mine as well last year; was simple to do. I ordered the part from sears part direct; they are parts for every appliance. They have full diagrams on their website. I think the fuse cost 20 bucks and the install took 5 minutes.

No replys from Maytag Man...my washer has stopped agitating since basement flooded with 1" water...started working again, then dumped load of water all over floor again. Water comes up over tub due to centrifugal force. Too poor to pay for service visit. visited the Youtubes, but haven't found my specific problem. Either belts or solenoid - I hope.

No replys from Maytag Man...my washer has stopped agitating since basement flooded with 1" water...started working again, then dumped load of water all over floor again. Water comes up over tub due to centrifugal force. Too poor to pay for service visit. visited the Youtubes, but haven't found my specific problem. Either belts or solenoid - I hope.

Check your belts. My washer, although not a Maytag, had it's waterpump belt go bad so it didn't pump out fast enough. That's probably why it's overflowing (during spin cycle?)

Check your belts. My washer, although not a Maytag, had it's waterpump belt go bad so it didn't pump out fast enough. That's probably why it's overflowing (during spin cycle?)
Thanks. Seems to spin and drain fine, but during the wash cycle instead of going back n forth (agitating) it only goes in one direction which chases the water up the side of the tub and over the top onto the floor. It's annoying because it was agitating after not working, now not working again. Seems belts would be cheapest to replace, then agitator clutch dogs.

Back
Top Bottom