Anyone have / had T Mobile?

GreenMachine

When I called Vzw customer retention - the rep became combative and argumentative...
He offered nothing and admitted Vzw was more $ because of “ coverage map “

qclabrat

I forgot we also have unlimited data, but if using less than 1GB a month they give you $10 back each month per line which comply. My kids are always over, me sometimes and the other three rarely. So, usually we get $30-40 back each month. Which drops our bill to close to $150 for 6 lines

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
OK, been on tmobile for the last 11 months and I am ready to switch back to VZW. While service for t mobile is better in a few spots, I have zero or very limited service in:

Princeton Area, especially the boro, also zero service in Kingston
Stockton, NJ / Whatever the PA side area is called, NO SERVICE AT DILLY'S, like WTF
More interruptions / varying service

As expected, VZW has revamped their unlimited options since I left. Time to come back...

GreenMachine

OK, been on tmobile for the last 11 months and I am ready to switch back to VZW. While service for t mobile is better in a few spots, I have zero or very limited service in:

Stockton, NJ / Whatever the PA side area is called, NO SERVICE AT DILLY'S, like WTF

As expected, VZW has revamped their unlimited options since I left. Time to come back...
Gonna say just the opposite - 6 months Service has been 98% great except near six mile .. I lose it on the way there - works well down shore NYC , Bergen cty ... I’ll be in North Carolina & Minnesota in August see how it responds then.

6 lines $214

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

So, found out that my son had the ONE iphone (iphone 7) in the last 5 or 6 models that was specifically for tmobile. Damnit. So, waited for the 11 to come out, wife gets 11, he gets her 8 and I can finally go back to VZW. Even with the new signal "updates" that t mobile pushed out recently, the service is bad in spots even though it shows "3" bars. I was just out in my parking lot, with full bars and couldnt load anything. Definitely an experiment gone wrong. And now VZM will pay me $650 to come back and I will pay $5 more per month on VZM (130 month break even, by that time, everything will be different anyways). Sign me the f up.

one piece crank

Back in August we switched our (4) VZW lines to various flavors of their Unlimited plan. It actually cost us $40 less per month, guaranteed 22GB/line in high-density areas, and a total win-win. Now I only need to update the wife's iPhone 6s Plus...

GreenMachine

So, found out that my son had the ONE iphone (iphone 7) in the last 5 or 6 models that was specifically for tmobile. Damnit. So, waited for the 11 to come out, wife gets 11, he gets her 8 and I can finally go back to VZW. Even with the new signal "updates" that t mobile pushed out recently, the service is bad in spots even though it shows "3" bars. I was just out in my parking lot, with full bars and couldnt load anything. Definitely an experiment gone wrong. And now VZM will pay me $650 to come back and I will pay $5 more per month on VZM (130 month break even, by that time, everything will be different anyways). Sign me the f up.
I switched to T Mo , I give it a B for coverage and an A- for pricing ...

I lose signal when driving to 6 mile and that whole area up there ... that’s the only real bad spot - tho it did also lose total service at Hartshorne as well.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Why is there a need to be connected every quarter mile? Just saying
That is a different question.

Comes down to, because you pay for service that says it should be available. When I can't make a call from my office, where I spend 40+ hours a week, that is a problem.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
VZW band 13 covers most of the population. It’s 700 MHz. Really good coverage in building, far from the cell etc. the lower the frequency the further and better the signal. That’s why way back when they won this spectrum it basically sealed them as the best Lte carrier. The 700 MHz C band auction was probably like 12 years ago? (Guessing)
tmobile is literally JUST NOW rolling out a comparable Band. They always had coverage but It wasn’t as good or penetrating.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Don’t these phones have uma? Or whatever it is called now for tunneling calls through ip networks?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don’t these phones have uma? Or whatever it is called now for tunneling calls through ip networks?

No idea what uma is. All VZW calls are VoLTE unless you don't have LTE. Then it'll try 1x or WiFi. But you still need coverage from the cell (unless WiFi calling)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
No idea what uma is. All VZW calls are VoLTE unless you don't have LTE. Then it'll try 1x or WiFi. But you still need coverage from the cell (unless WiFi calling)

Unlicensed Mobile Access. GAN now (looked it up)? being old, and working with the first femtocell people, this seemed important.
I met one of the VoLTE guys at hillier a couple years back.

so wifi at work for tmobile?

one of the problems i've found is when i run my car's hotspot, the phone wants to use it for calling! doesn't work great, for obvious reasons.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just put in my order to switch back...
tenor.gif

Top Bottom