Anyone have / had T Mobile?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Long Time Verizon customer, now with t-mobile. Coverage is awesome, as good as Verizon. Never had a problem
We have the magenta ( senior plan) and as a bonus we get 1 stream of Netflix. So that's a nice bonus. We have 4 people on the plan for I think $35 a person. Would recommend.

JDurk

Long time Verizon user that switched to Mint, which is now owned by TMobile. I'm pretty sure it will use whatever service tower is close. Didn't see anything different when close to civilization. During a trip to Pennsyltucky last summer, had some coverage issues.

THATmanMANNY

It’s a secret that T-Mobile doesn’t advertise their 500mb/unlimited calls smart watch plan for $5. Got 9yp Apple Watch for Xmas that she will use when she is out with family or friends.

I don’t think our kids will be allowed to have phones until well into the teens. Keep them off all that Social brain fuck shit.

The rep told me last week I’ve been with TM for 19 years!!! LFG TM!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The best way to find the best carrier is to try each out for a month. Verizon has a thing called Test Drive where you get a free month to see if it works in the areas you need frequent the most. I’m not sure if T-mo or AT&T have a similar program.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does NJ actually have any dead spots anymore? I do a lot of cell systems for industry in NJ in weird spots and service is hardly an issue anymore. Typically if there's no service no carrier has service.

Last year the owner of my small business decided to switch from a few decades of AT&T to T-Mobile and got lots of pushback from everyone. Turns out it was $37k a year difference so he didn't give a shit about that pushback. If someone had specific issues like they lived in weird spots of Sussex County he could get them a Verizon/ATT phone plan individually. As far as I know nobody had any issues.

My experience in WNC mountains right now is it's a total mix, T-Mobile is great in some areas, ATT in others, Verizon in others still. No one brand gets you the most service spots.

JDurk

Long time Verizon user that switched to Mint, which is now owned by TMobile. I'm pretty sure it will use whatever service tower is close. Didn't see anything different when close to civilization. During a trip to Pennsyltucky last summer, had some coverage issues.
I forgot to include. $15 per month and I pre-pay for 6mos. Kept my phone and number, just swap out the SIM card. Can always go back to Verizon if I need to. But the annual savings alone we've seen switching, it's going to take a real jump in monthly costs. Plenty of data, WiFi works pretty much everywhere and who talks on the phone anymore.

Does NJ actually have any dead spots anymore? I do a lot of cell systems for industry in NJ in weird spots and service is hardly an issue anymore. Typically if there's no service no carrier has service.
Funny that you mention that. If I stand in the middle of our house at the bottom of the steps to the 2nd floor, there is literally a dead zone and calls will get dropped.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Funny that you mention that. If I stand in the middle of our house at the bottom of the steps to the 2nd floor, there is literally a dead zone and calls will get dropped.

You have wifi at the house? Turn on wifi calling.

mfennell

Absolutely. We came across an injured hiker in Hartshorne and I had trouble connecting to 911 through Verizon. It was a bit of an eye opener. There's a spot by my house that drops calls on my ATT work iPhone every single time I drive through.

JDurk

You have wifi at the house? Turn on wifi calling.
Of course, there's wifi in the house, and Xfinity on the street. If I take 2 steps forward or 2 steps back and it's full signal. As I said, who makes phone calls anymore.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Of course, there's wifi in the house, and Xfinity on the street. If I take 2 steps forward or 2 steps back and it's full signal. As I said, who makes phone calls anymore.

Have you considered..

1704467367510.gif

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
My wife and I switched to Google Fi back in 10/21. No complaints and two u limited accounts with free hotspot is like $90/month. Service is phenomenal.

Attachments

• IMG_4807.png
    IMG_4807.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom