Anyone have experience with theblackbibs.com bibs?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I too purchased a couple pairs after seeing the OP for the start of the 31/31 cuz, I needed more bibs or should I say bibs that weren’t becoming see through from wear. I figured even if they sucked, at 40 bucks and only for an hour long ride, there’s no down side. Fast forward to September and I’m still reaching for them. I prefer a thinner chamois and I wish the front didn’t come up as high as it does, but certainly not deal breakers by any stretch for the price. I’ll probably order some more over the winter.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
thanks for stepping up! again i keep pushing basic black bibs farther down the "need" scale and have ended up spending more money on bikes/components recently, which will soon trend the other way. glad to hear they meet your expectations!

choop

I ordered a pair. I figured for 40 bucks I could destroy them on the rollers or trainer in 3 months and get my money's worth. They are definitely worth 40 bucks. Fit well. They are a bit "heavy" in how wide the straps and the back are. Not really a complaint, just not as light as other bibs. Probably similar to the lower level PI bibs. The only thing that I would be a tad critical of, is the lack of leg grippers, which I knew about before ordering, so not really a complaint.

The one really nice thing about them, is they make kid sized bibs that fit really well. Even my 56 lb runt fits perfectly in the ones I got him.

rick81721

Lothar
Related - picked up a pair Nooyme shorts from Amazon for ~40 bucks. Chamois looks decent, will see how they last.

xc62701

The only thing that I would be a tad critical of, is the lack of leg grippers, which I knew about before ordering, so not really a complaint.

They make another model that has the leg grippers. That’s what I ordered for $65.

rick81721

Lothar
Related - picked up a pair Nooyme shorts from Amazon for ~40 bucks. Chamois looks decent, will see how they last.

Been riding with these for a few months - so far, so good. Fits well, really comfortable. See how long they last

20181029_093523.jpg

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Well I just submitted an order for these bad boys, ill let you know how it goes!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I just submitted an order for these bad boys, ill let you know how it goes!

about time!

mine are still going strong with my collection of clothes they get washed once a week (every wearing, but every 6 rides)

xc62701

Mine are doing pretty good but I have one leg gripper letting go on me. I'll sew that up and it'll be good as new.

serviceguy

Funny timing, mine came in the post yesterday, I bought both the bibs and the knickers. I tried the knickers on the trainer and they seem to do a fine job. Will see what is their durability like!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
just got mine and the bibs and vest fit as expected, pretty happy with them. prolly do a quickie ride but looks like a good buy.

the jersey on the other hand, fits very well everywhere EXCEPT my arms. it's like the sleeves are like a t shirt. so if you got some big guns, maybe you'll be fine. i got a small and can't imagine anyone being more buff than me.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
just got mine and the bibs and vest fit as expected, pretty happy with them. prolly do a quickie ride but looks like a good buy.

the jersey on the other hand, fits very well everywhere EXCEPT my arms. it's like the sleeves are like a t shirt. so if you got some big guns, maybe you'll be fine. i got a small and can't imagine anyone being more buff than me.
Pics of Sleeve, Pls

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
ha, already packed it up to send back. its not far off from the photo they supplied, so not sure why i'm shocked it fits me that way. i'm sure the super lightweight ones would fit better for my skinny ass arms

Top Bottom