Or
16.5a/17.5v

Or any feedback
And can someone explain that damn actual and virtual size

Chime in with actual review if you’ve owned and/or ride one
PFA
Thanks 63DF88D7-CD42-4732-8858-4C8DC70D8FFA.jpeg

MikeyBikey2000

I demoed one over the weekend and the thing bounced on flat ground while seated, not unlike pedal bob on a FS when standing up.. the PSI was supposed to be set to 15, I wound up letting out more and more in increments and til the tires were pretty soft and still this persisted.. the guy at the shop was the same weight as me says he runs his at 13. When I explained my experience they seemed pretty shocked. With that said, out of the saddle and climbing and handling were great. Something wasn't set up right, as these bikes are known to be great. It could also be that I am a lame ass too, that is not out of the question. Any advice, I really wanted to love this thing.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
which model did you ride? was it setup properly for you? i have a feeling not because i get 0 bounce on mine, it does have a suspension fork on it, but that shouldnt affect that really.

Only thing iv ever had bob on me was my fatbike when i bought it, adjusted air pressure (not sure but i think i had to ADD pressure) and it went away.

MikeyBikey2000

it was a 9.7 - they asked height and weight then adjusted the air in the fork and tires. They watched me take a quick spin in front of the store and was good to go.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Bob isn't caused by bike setup, it's caused by rider input. While you can tweak a thing here and there, ultimately it's just a shitty pedal stroke. Be smooth grasshopper.

domo

i just bought a 17.5 about 3 weeks ago, love it any questions ask away.

Let’s start with the 29x3
Huge tire diameter. I’m guessing a whole inch taller than a 27.5x3

Then short chain stay. Love how the fuse and chameleon felt without the back dragging.

My goal i had in mind was taking a stache and running 27.5 and move dropouts to make it super duper short.

What can you compare it to your previous rides and observations.

Thanks

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Let’s start with the 29x3
Huge tire diameter. I’m guessing a whole inch taller than a 27.5x3

Then short chain stay. Love how the fuse and chameleon felt without the back dragging.

My goal i had in mind was taking a stache and running 27.5 and move dropouts to make it super duper short.

What can you compare it to your previous rides and observations.

Thanks

iv ridden alot of bikes, i currently own a fatboy, a fuel ex8, a jamis dakota comp and the stache (just purchased) on the mountain bike side

i purchased the stache because i missed a hardtail since my dakota was out of commission for quite a while, the huge tires are GREAT for traction and roll well over obstacles, the short chainstays make the bike super playful and easy to handle/toss around (they come in the longest position and i havent had a chance to move them yet). I have the 2.75x2.8 on my ex8, and while the wheels fit fine on the stache, i havent had a chance to try it out that way yet. It descends really well for a hardtail. I really cant wait till winter to see how the 3inch tires work in the snow!

i bought the 9.7 and that thing is only marginally heavier than my road bikes . . .

MikeyBikey2000

Bob isn't caused by bike setup, it's caused by rider input. While you can tweak a thing here and there, ultimately it's just a shitty pedal stroke. Be smooth grasshopper.

I've read that.. just not sure if that was true in this case this time. I experimented with that, figuring I needed to adjust something because there is no way the bike could be the issue but no dice. And a friend demoed the same bike during the week and had the same issue (he already owns a different model stache) and he had the same issue and he let a ton of air out and was good to go.. maybe I didn't let enough out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom