Anyone else waiting in line for Stones tix?

rick81721

Lothar
Not really a big fan but wifey is. Plus the show @ Metlife stadium is on our anniversary. I read on another board that they waited 30 minutes, finally got on, but couldn't buy any. We'll see

I gotta believe it'll be a Charlie android

seriously, can we insure the tix. I got keith in my dead pool.

i'll buy some obnoxious tix from a reseller - maybe up in foxboro.
last time i went was the bridges tour - 1997 at the meadowlands. Foo Fighters opened. great show.

I was too young for ‘75, but made up for it in ‘78 and ‘81, multiple times. ‘05 was the only stadium show for me; wifey got the tix for us that year. I’m not a fan of stadium shows. Dey still rockin it doe.

Serious question. What have the Stone's done in the last 25 years that would make me interested in paying exorbitant prices for an impersonal stadium show? Discuss.

Nobody goes to a Stones show to see new material. Those songs are when you go pay exorbitant prices for crappy beer and crappier pizza.

Serious question. What have the Stone's done in the last 25 years that would make me interested in paying exorbitant prices for an impersonal stadium show? Discuss.

chance of seeing them die (suicide) right on the stage. ??

they put on a show, and the bigger the venue, the bigger the production. yeah, their creativity may have ended at some girls, (ok, maybe emotional rescue, but not tattoo u, cause i didn't purchase either of them) they play the classics, and the energy is there. well, at least it was 20 years ago - and i suspect Mick is still a rock star,

i always prefer a smaller venue - but this will be an event. It's only rock and roll....

Last edited:
The only reason to go is if you've never seen them before. Mick Jagger was such a bad ass in the day, it's tough to pull that off at 75.
I did see Billy Joel a few years ago at the garden, I was glad I went.

Not a fan of stadium shows but jumbo tron.

I hadn't checked out a stones album after Some Girls until recently - I have to admit I was surprised at how decent the later records are like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge etc, Dirty Work is probably the biggest dud of them all. Ahh to be Mick and Keith in 70's... one great record after another, access to anything you want..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom