Any YT Jeffsy Owner’s in North Jersey?

OK peeps. If any of you are still with me on this. Thanks to everyone who has participated and advised on this total strangers bike selection odyssey. Things are coming in to focus.

Went to the Pivot demo at Mountain Creek yesterday. Rode my beloved Mach 5.5 and the Switchblade. And it confirmed for me some feelings I’ve been having about 29ers since I rode a couple at the Santa Cruz demo a week ago. My bias against 29ers was to my own detriment. The Mach 5.5 with the 27.5-2.6 tires felt sluggish and less nimble to me than the 29ers on the Switchblade. They had a demo loop on top of the mountain that was proper singletrack so it wasn’t all just gravity riding that formed my opinion.

I think my finalists are the Hightower LT and the Switchblade. I haven’t ridden the HTLT correctly set up, so I am going under the assumption that the VPP is plush when needed (or ever). It has 15mm more travel in the rear than the Switchblade. Not sure that matters and it comes in XXL which I felt good on.

The Switchblade felt plush and is capable of running either wheel size (but does have super boost, which limits my choices for a second set of wheels if I want to go that route). Lastly the Switchblade has a more affordable aluminum option if my money situation sound go as expected in the next couple weeks.

I don’t think I can go wrong with either bike. Both are more capable than I am.

Side note: heading out to Jackson Hole, WY next month. Looking forward to riding the trails outside of town. Looks amazing and I am totally psyched to have that and a new bike to look forward to over the next 30 calendar days! Feeling very lucky and thankful.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom