any snow?

Dingo

Yep, just make sure to winterize it before tucking it away and it will start right up next winter. It only failed me once because I used old gas (more like I failed it).
The most important thing. Drain the gas out of the tank and carb at the end of the season, don't bother with fuel stabilizers. Add a fuel shut off valve if yours does not have one.

FitmanNJ

After hearing some of the comments in this thread, I decided to bite the bullet and drive a little further north in search of good snow conditions. I got all the way to Goodale Rd to access Kittatinny and there were barriers blocking the road. I saw workmen down the road clearing tree branches and debris caused by the snowstorm. Little did I realize that this was to become an omen.

I decided to try Dickerson Mine Preserve as a backup. Shortly after I entered the park, I encountered a number of trees that were bent down, blocking the trail. I got passed those, but they were just the tip of the iceberg. You couldn't ride more than 30 seconds before facing another blocked section -- and this was on the fireroad leading into the preserve, not the singletrack. I soon could see that the ice-covered branches had caused the entire park to be affected. I barely did any singletrack riding as it was, for the most part, inaccessible. I was able to grind out about 45 mins of riding, but that was about it.

I don't know how many mtb parks have been saddled with this damage...and whether it will be permanent to some degree. Small trees everywhere were bent down to the ground like an upside down "U." If the trees don't spring back when the ice on them melts, there's going to be a huge amount of trail maintenance required to get things back in order.:( Let's keep our fingers crossed...

1575410044452.png

1575410079056.png

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I bet Nassau will be good in the morning.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Went to Swedesboro today... no sign of snow down there. So when are we going down to Wharton?
images.jpeg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions at the Tourne were pretty stellar this morning, though I would expect it to turn to shit once it warms up. Although it looks like the sun may not really come out today, so maybe it'll be ok later. Best to hit it when it's frozen in the morning though.

sundaydoug

There's still a good 6" of snow in Wawayanda. Lots of trees bent over blocking trails. Took the dogs for a hike yesterday and should have brought a machete with me.

Top Bottom