Any shops ever ship an Ebike?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Jumping through hoops here trying to figure out how to ship an ebike without being a Certified Hazmat Shipper. I know bikeflights wont take them, but Fedex seems like I can ship it if the battery is "properly packaged" within the bike and I drop it off prepaid.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
call Voltaire cycles in Denville...they are an ebike store...im sure they could answer that for you

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
To answer my own question it seems like Shipbikes.com will take an ebike even though Bikeflights.com won't. Might be a Fedex vs UPS thing.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
fedex is must have just gotten laid-out by the faa - they now have it in the ebay policy that if they find something
not correctly marked, it is a $350(?) fine - which ebay will levy against your cc on file.

probably people shipping laptops without li-ion labels.

grilledcheeseking

I'm not exactly sure what becoming a certified haz mat shipper entails (that was someone else's domain).

Shipping with the battery installed simplifies things vs. shipping a battery on its own, FWIW. As well, ground is far easier in terms of compliance than air, in case you have an option on that front.

Top Bottom