Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

cuda

Haven't yet opened the Old Particular, but wasn't leaving the store without it after a taste. That and the Provenance are Douglas Laing products; great limited batch stuff but does not appear to distribute to the US. The Carn More is a pretty straight forward young islay- delicious. IMG_20180727_192035.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It’s Friday, what’s in your glass?
3953151E-0032-4531-AFFA-46AAEFB6E4E3.jpeg

These are new modern Glencairn style glasses. Traditional ones don’t have as much hollow in the base.
Still not quite adjusted to the pour on these- oh well.

rick81721

Lothar
Saw a truck drlivering this crap in Hillsborough today. Couldn't tell at first whether it was tabasco that tastes like whiskey or whiskey that tastes like tabasco. Either sounds turrible

george-dickel-tabasco-brand-barrel-finish-whisky__59985.1527338477.380.500.jpg

qclabrat

Saw a truck drlivering this crap in Hillsborough today. Couldn't tell at first whether it was tabasco that tastes like whiskey or whiskey that tastes like tabasco. Either sounds turrible

Sounds gimmicky. Imo it wouldnt add anything pleasant the the finish.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Yeah, reports are that is as bad as you would expect.
I’ll spend my bourbon dollars elsewhere thanks.

Reminds me of Rogue’s Chipotle beer. I wanted to get a bunch for a pepper harvest party.
I was really glad to try a bottle before I ordered a case...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yeah, reports are that is as bad as you would expect.
I’ll spend my bourbon dollars elsewhere thanks.

Reminds me of Rogue’s Chipotle beer. I wanted to get a bunch for a pepper harvest party.
I was really glad to try a bottle before I ordered a case...

conclave makes a mexican milk stout - maybe the best of the picante cerveza i've had. still not a big fan.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
conclave makes a mexican milk stout - maybe the best of the picante cerveza i've had. still not a big fan.
Yup, and I’ve tried the Stone Xoacovaoxaoso pepper brunch stout thingy. In a stout, you can pull off pepper, balanced with chocolate/coffee and roasted malt.
Rogue’s was a straight up ale spiked with chipotle.
Not a good look, but they nailed the flavor.

Top Bottom