Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Must be aging into goodness.
I was an early adopter of theirs, and it was pretty rough.
I assume no age dates on the bottles yet?
Still may be another year or two out.

just the bottling year - i thought it was in the 6-7yo range??

Had the Eye-talian singlemalt tonight.
View attachment 57234

hmm - i've got a couple downstairs. one of them hints of chocolate!

qclabrat

Looks like I won't be picking up that Highland Park 50 for the weekend...

http://paramus.dailyvoice.com/polic...f-scotch-from-river-edge-liquor-store/722013/

The Tullibardine is actually a beautiful presentation, I saw it few years ago in UK
tulob.1952.jpg

qclabrat

If you haven't had Maotai or Moutai, you're missing out. Could be my favorite out of any drink. Just too many fakes out there and too expensive. 80% are counterfeit, "real" bottles go for 300-400. It's the top 2 on the baijiu ladder. Bad day today, needed something to make me smile
MVIMG_20171022_205747.jpg
MVIMG_20171022_205545.jpg

Patrick

Staff member
decided to branch out - figured a blend would be a good start.

IMG_7816.JPG

good - drank it cool and neat. Wood start, a little malt and caramel next. then alc and then more wood.
interesting.

Last edited:

qclabrat

Dad's home brew of ginseng & herbs with Chinese grain alcohol. Aged for at least 5 yrs. Its good for the "yang". A little bit goes a long way. Also positive results for ladies. (I mean can also consume) Have a bottle from '86 that's going to my kids. It's kind of a secret elixir, good for aches, pains and sprains. Rub it or drink it, your choice.

MVIMG_20171029_143451.jpg

qclabrat

I've been cutting back on 80 plus proof. Expensive, harder to wake up the next day and I think I could be a mild alcoholic.

@fidodie , ditch the amateur cubes. Go with a big ball and you'll never go back. Problem is that you need a big glass which means more drink.

Patrick

Staff member
I've been cutting back on 80 plus proof. Expensive, harder to wake up the next day and I think I could be a mild alcoholic.

@fidodie , ditch the amateur cubes. Go with a big ball and you'll never go back. Problem is that you need a big glass which means more drink.

i have them! and i have the refreezable little gizmos too.
it was more of a drink of opportunity, then a planned action :D

-1 point for Christmas glass in January

Orthodox Xmas in January - i would like to appeal the penalty. !! :p

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
My wife picked this up for our anniversary. When she told me about it I was thinking it was made from coffee grains until I read the label. Really yummy.
IMG_5014.JPG

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I've never seen that one before, how's it compare to the other Japanese spirits?
Generally I like Japanese whiskey, but I've had it so infrequently that it would be hard for me to compare. All I know is a friend brought over a bottle of bullet, and after drinking the nikka the bullet tasted lousy to me. And I'm not a whiskey snob, most of the time I buy overholt or Evan.

Top Bottom