Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

qclabrat

Monkey's Shoulder is my favorite scotch at the moment and Basil Hayden is hands down my favorite bourbon.
both good daily drinkers, for some reason the bars really mark up Basils
I think the last bar charged me $14

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
while i was at pine creek, i realized the only scotch i had in the house was Chivas. while i like it, it is generic.
I really like the hudson baby bourbon, but that has been out-of-stock for a bit. asked for something around the same price point
that i wouldn't recognize. Owner poured (yes, they do beer/wine/spirits tastings there) - a wyoming whiskey for me.

not as good as the hudson baby bourbon - but it is about 1/2 the price. (same price, but you get twice as much)

i dropped a small cube in an ounce or so for the first taste at home. very nice.
then another 1/2 oz straight. straight was the way to go - peppermint, caramel, vanilla, nice and warm, with just a little bit of a lingering sweet taste.
great drink on a cold night.

as @mattybfat would say, priming for short track.

IMG_6227.JPG

qclabrat

while i was at pine creek, i realized the only scotch i had in the house was Chivas. while i like it, it is generic.
I really like the hudson baby bourbon, but that has been out-of-stock for a bit. asked for something around the same price point
that i wouldn't recognize. Owner poured (yes, they do beer/wine/spirits tastings there) - a wyoming whiskey for me.

not as good as the hudson baby bourbon - but it is about 1/2 the price. (same price, but you get twice as much)

i dropped a small cube in an ounce or so for the first taste at home. very nice.
then another 1/2 oz straight. straight was the way to go - peppermint, caramel, vanilla, nice and warm, with just a little bit of a lingering sweet taste.
great drink on a cold night.

as @mattybfat would say, priming for short track.

View attachment 49051

Saw several bottles of Hudson at ShopRite liquors in Chester on 206

w_b

my local guy is up to $38 for Maker's so lately I have been depleting his Bulleit stock....

I gotta make a Costco run....

qclabrat

20170415_113309.jpg Raiding my cousin's scotch collection
This cask strength Aberlour is not good
Have had lots of Aberlour, and this one is not an easy drink, a bit hard and sweet but the finish is long and pleasant if I where drinking it outside on a cold winter's night. Needed more than the regular few drops of water to dissect the flavors

UnionRider475

If you like Makers Mark , you have to try George Dickel 12. Soooo much smoother and only around $23-26 a bottle . We did taste tests and all 6 people picked the George Dickel . Guaranteed you'll enjoy it !!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
had 3oz of the Hudson baby bourbon neat tonight.
the little edge on it was good. not everything needs to be buttery smooth.
drank it over about 2 hours. nice change of pace from beerz.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
had 3oz of the Hudson baby bourbon neat tonight.
the little edge on it was good. not everything needs to be buttery smooth.
drank it over about 2 hours. nice change of pace from beerz.
Must be aging into goodness.
I was an early adopter of theirs, and it was pretty rough.
I assume no age dates on the bottles yet?
Still may be another year or two out.

Top Bottom