Antique Freehold bike shop closed. (metz bicycle museum) What happened to the bikes?

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
There was a antique bike shop in Freehold that had lots of old bikes. It is now closed, Does anybody know what happened to the bikes?

Sadly I never made it there.

I was there many times. If your into bikes it was really cool. There where also other collectable items . Sadly it closed, no word of what happened to the bikes. I do recall one of the bikes was a well known racing bike from the '20s. Built here in freehold. The Museum was on Main street and at one time was a Cadillac dealership.

I did some work for the Metz family 7 or 8 years ago. The son of the owner told me at the time that his dad (who ran the museum) was in his 90s and nobody in the family was interested in taking it over. It was only open by appointment at the time and they rented it out for parties and other functions. Thought it would be cool to throw a birthday party for myself there.

I did some work for the Metz family 7 or 8 years ago. The son of the owner told me at the time that his dad (who ran the museum) was in his 90s and nobody in the family was interested in taking it over. It was only open by appointment at the time and they rented it out for parties and other functions. Thought it would be cool to throw a birthday party for myself there.
Any idea of what happened to to bikes?

giphy.gif

Many of the bikes that Metz had came from Bob Mahn (Mahn's Bros. Bikes in Eatontown). Bob sold them to Metz when he closed the shop in the late eighties. Without a doubt the Metz collection was one of the best!

Many of the bikes that Metz had came from Bob Mahn (Mahn's Bros. Bikes in Eatontown). Bob sold them to Metz when he closed the shop in the late eighties. Without a doubt the Metz collection was one of the best!
I bought my 1st serious road bike from Bob Mahn. Never realized the bikes came from him

Back
Top Bottom