Answer Sleestak Gloves

BiknBen

OK. I just bit and bought these. Of course, the only available are red and green. Whatever. Give me warm freakin hands please. I'll pay triple if my hands are friggin warm. Promise.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Update: On the road in single digits and perfectly fine for an hour with the gore liner glove. Wore them on the mtb last week and that was fine too.

Isn't it weird braking with these gloves on the road bike?

J-Dro

Shout out to the original Sleestaks.

sleestak.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Isn't it weird braking with these gloves on the road bike?
Not that I have really noticed. They are actually weird on the road bike on top of the hoods because I found I like two fingers on the top front of the lever and the other fingers around the side/bottom of the hoods.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like two fingers on the top front of the lever and the other fingers around the side/bottom of the hoods.

That's what I meant. I have some other 1 finger mitten gloves and I can't really brake well from the hoods with 1 finger. When you ride the hoods, do you wrap all your fingers around the brake lever to brake?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
That's what I meant. I have some other 1 finger mitten gloves and I can't really brake well from the hoods with 1 finger. When you ride the hoods, do you wrap all your fingers around the brake lever to brake?
Not really sure, I will pay attention the next time I wear them. I will venture to say that you probably brake much more than I do considering the area you ride in. If I use my brakes 5 times an hour, that is alot.

qclabrat

every time I hear Sleestak, I get a chuckle, it was the nickname of a girl on our freshman floor year who got around the block

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
no problems at all braking the roadie with 1 finger while in the hoods.
but i'm the Kev's boat - i might cross two roads where there is a real need to stop, the occasional deer,
or distracted driver....

Top Bottom