Answer Sleestak Gloves

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Don't say I never told you...

I am ready to officially endorse the http://www.answerproducts.com/apparel/gloves/sleestak/ answer Sleestak gloves. These are only $40 and rated to 20 degrees. I figured for the money they were worth a try. I am really liking the 1-3 split and it answers the lobster issue for one speed of having to brake with two fingers. The top of nylon and actually sheds water, which is what I was looking for since other winter gloves I have are like sponges in the rain. I rode last week in really hard rain and they got wet via the palm and not the top, but for light rain that would not happen. I have not tested the limits but this are looking good. For the money, these may be unbeatable.

gloves-sleestak-red.jpg

Update: On the road in single digits and perfectly fine for an hour with the gore liner glove. Wore them on the mtb last week and that was fine too.

What Bike Rumor Has to Say

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Really!! For the money its a no brainer... Plus Kev has a little street cred with me;)

agree - Kev did the work, we just have to listen. I do the same with bike parts when JimV or DG recommend them - they know what/how i ride & my price point. all i need to do is show up when they come in.

just sprayed my PI gloves for today's ride......shed a little extra water anyway.

rick81721

Lothar
I don't get their sizing guide - my hands are pretty big but according to their measure it's medium. But you said you bought XL? I was gonna order large but they don't have black 8n stock

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I bought them big so I could put a thick glove underneath. I am a "10" in fox gloves, large I. Others.

rick81721

Lothar
Ok I get it. For that price could get 2 pair - one to wear as is and one for over thicker gloves for really cold.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so the pair of XL arrived today - while big, they are just right if riding in the hoods - there is space between the finger tips and the end of the gloves - the PI in XL the tips touch - plenty of room for a liner, and since they are XL, the wide wrist cuff will seal off the wind breaker well above the wrist.

i may have been able to go large with this glove - tempted....

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
so the pair of XL arrived today - while big, they are just right if riding in the hoods - there is space between the finger tips and the end of the gloves - the PI in XL the tips touch - plenty of room for a liner, and since they are XL, the nwide wrist cuff will seal off the wind breaker well above the wrist.

Just ordered mine - more size/color options available. Went with large

rick81721

Lothar
Got mine yesterday but too sick to try them out. Maybe tomorrow. I bought Large and were smaller than I thought. Glad I didn't get medium (which is what their size guide said)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so the pair of XL arrived today - while big, they are just right if riding in the hoods - there is space between the finger tips and the end of the gloves - the PI in XL the tips touch - plenty of room for a liner, and since they are XL, the wide wrist cuff will seal off the wind breaker well above the wrist.

How much are these things? If they're too big I may be interested in taking them off your....wait for it....wait for it....

No actually I'm not gonna say it. I refuse.

Top Bottom