Another noob

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I bought myself a bike back in July in an attempt to get my sedentary ass some exercise. I live in Parsippany and have been riding at Lewis Morris a few times a week. I mostly ride by myself, but will be looking to join up on some beginner type rides now that I'm almost not embarrassingly out of shape.

I am 29, married, and no kids yet to slow me down.

I'll get the Mrs. to take a picture of me on my bike for my profile, so you might recognize me out on the trails.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi, I'm Norm. I have 1 kid that makes me go faster than ever. Don't underestimate them. I may have a few more so I can go pro.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi, I'm Norm. I have 1 kid that makes me go faster than ever. Don't underestimate them. I may have a few more so I can go pro.

Well, the key word is yet. Maybe in another year or two I'll be faster too.

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome!!

Maybe kids make you faster because you have to still get your miles in and somehow finish riding sooner to get home before you're in hot water with the wives.

I don't have kids "yet" because I'd probably be the one stuck home and I'd never get to ride :rolleyes:

Rozack

Welcome, good idea to get back in shape before you have kids. I ride the same area, hope to meet you on the trails.

Adrian

Hey Jim, welcome to the site! I used to ride LM a couple of times during the week until it started getting dark right after noon-time. Also a beginner that got my first real bike in July.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Jim, welcome to the site! I used to ride LM a couple of times during the week until it started getting dark right after noon-time. Also a beginner that got my first real bike in July.

Yeah that lack of sunlight blows. My solution is to leave work for two hours in the afternoon, and then stay two hours later once I get back. I tried it out one day this week and it worked out pretty well. Hopefully the boss lets me keep doing it once or twice a week.

John Baumann

Yeah that lack of sunlight blows. My solution is to leave work for two hours in the afternoon, and then stay two hours later once I get back. I tried it out one day this week and it worked out pretty well. Hopefully the boss lets me keep doing it once or twice a week.

Hey Jim,
Welcome aboard and back to the sport.
I work in Parsippany and do the same thing once in a while at the Tourne in Boonton.
Lemme know if you want a tour there sometime.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome Jim. I ride Allamuchy and Deer Park and would be happy to show you around at either place.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Jim,
Welcome aboard and back to the sport.
I work in Parsippany and do the same thing once in a while at the Tourne in Boonton.
Lemme know if you want a tour there sometime.

Cool, I'd definitely be interested in checking out Tourne. I can get out of work from about 2-4pm on Tue, Wed, or Thur pretty much any week. Let me know if that works.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would definitely be interested in checking them out as well. What days/times do you normally get out there?

Jim, I typically ride with a couple of guys both Sat and Sun almost every weekend. We're planning on hitting up either Allamuchy or Stephens (thx MattyB) tomorrow between 10am - 11am. Let me know if interested and I'll pm your my cell.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe kids make you faster because you have to still get your miles in and somehow finish riding sooner to get home before you're in hot water with the wives.

I don't have kids "yet" because I'd probably be the one stuck home and I'd never get to ride :rolleyes:

don't be so sure .. i know some stay-at-home dads on the site :D

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jim, I typically ride with a couple of guys both Sat and Sun almost every weekend. We're planning on hitting up either Allamuchy or Stephens (thx MattyB) tomorrow between 10am - 11am. Let me know if interested and I'll pm your my cell.

I won't be able to make it tomorrow, although I'm free Sunday morning if you go out there again.

Otherwise I should be around next weekend.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I bought myself a bike back in July in an attempt to get my sedentary ass some exercise. I live in Parsippany and have been riding at Lewis Morris a few times a week. I mostly ride by myself, but will be looking to join up on some beginner type rides now that I'm almost not embarrassingly out of shape.

I am 29, married, and no kids yet to slow me down.

I'll get the Mrs. to take a picture of me on my bike for my profile, so you might recognize me out on the trails.

This thread is about carbon wheels, please try and stay on topic. If you want to discuss hub spacing, please start your own thread. Thanks!

Top Bottom