Andrea Griepel TDF HR !

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I follow him on strava and I see him and a few others have exceptionally high HRs. In what looks like his 1 hour tuneup rides you regularly see 215+. Today at the TDF I see this...
7618B0E4-822E-40AE-8E15-A14DAB3964E6.png

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Yeah that's not possible, unless he went into tachycardia. Froome's max heart rate is supposed to be 174.
I wasn’t sure. I saw 206 in a motocross race and 203 in my first mtb race at Mooch 3 years ago. I see 247 maybe being a glitch but I saw 215 plus in atleast 5 of his rides. I also saw several others over 200 in that stage. What is a max HR ever recorded?

rick81721

Lothar
I wasn’t sure. I saw 206 in a motocross race and 203 in my first mtb race at Mooch 3 years ago. I see 247 maybe being a glitch but I saw 215 plus in atleast 5 of his rides. I also saw several others over 200 in that stage. What is a max HR ever recorded?

Heart rate monitors are basically crap. I stopped wearing mine because the readings were so ridiculous. The only accurate way to monitor heart rate is with an EKG - that's where Froome's number comes from.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I've had my garmin read 200 or 201 when i was a young buck, not sure if it was accurate or not but I think that is the highest I would believe in it

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
He didn't win the stage so WTFC?

These sprinters are basically sitting in until games time in the last few km and maybe going for the intermediate if they are trying for green. Maybe the spikes are when half the peleton died in all of the crashes thus far?

rick81721

Lothar
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/heart-rate-monitor,review-2885.html Looks like some are actually pretty accurate. I use the Polar and the Garmin.

They can be accurate in lab test conditions but in the real world is where they have issues - sweating, movement, lack of good contact all contribute. For a serious athlete like you it's better than nothing, for a schlub like me, I laughed when I was at the top of a hill and it read 130 bpm, then just cruising on a flat and it says 170!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
They can be accurate in lab test conditions but in the real world is where they have issues - sweating, movement, lack of good contact all contribute. For a serious athlete like you it's better than nothing, for a schlub like me, I laughed when I was at the top of a hill and it read 130 bpm, then just cruising on a flat and it says 170!
Mine has never really done that. With a low battery it gets screwy and doesn’t read right but it’s always felt like it’s where it should be.

szymon

Once in a while mine goes screwy when the battery is low or strap is going bad. I started using a polar strap and the garmin center and it's been great with the garmin strap hr was all over but usually it would read really low for me. It depends on the person how high your hr is but 247 sounds like a error, I know I can keep around 180 for close to 2 hours without a problem but for some 160 for a couple mins would be tops.

Ian F

I've never gotten any HRM to work at all... I buy them. Put batteries in them. Strap them on. They work sporadically for half a ride, then stop. I get frustrated and throw them into a box. So far, two of the silly things. Do you have shave your chest hair or something so it makes good contact?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The highest I ever saw was 193, but that was running. I hit 187 or 189 once biking. It seemed pretty accurate to me, except in winter when it was really cold and it wouldn't really register properly. I stopped wearing it a winter or two ago because it was too frustrating, and then I never started up wearing it again after that. I think you need to clean the strap often because it gets dirty and probably salty from sweat.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
my watch and chest strap both seem to be in-line with theoretical limits. There may be a few bad points thrown in,
but they are easy to spot.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i dont really clean mine that often, on occasion (once a monthish, maybe less often) i throw the strap in the wash with the rest of my bike stuff, should i do it in the weekly load with everything else? probably, but i dont, bc im lazy.

p.s. i do 5-6 rides a week most of the year.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
It's accurate, however I have nothing to compare it to, other than my own results this this HRM o_O

Top Bottom