Am I stunod?

View attachment 48273 This is what I get when I click on the upload a file. I need to add a location to the above screen. If I select the my files and go to the photos folder, it doesn't upload, like it's a permissions lock out. Even though I checked all that. If I move the file to Downloads folder, I think I'm ok. By the way guys, I don't want to kill this post. U guys don't have to respond. I'm just kicking it aroumd. I appreciate everyone's help.

I''l respond to @ReverendNewman here as not to beat his Allaire thread to death. Try clicking on the documents option, and from there hit the menu button in the upper left. That should give you a few more browsing options (like the screen shot below)

View attachment 48268

View attachment 48268

If it's any help, I did two tests on my blog. I was having issues with jpg files 5-7mg i size that were taken from my Sony camera. The first test was a png that someone emailed me and it was successful. I converted one of my jpg's to png, but the size after conversion was too big for the server (i forget how big it ended up being). So, I reduced the image 50% and converted to png and it was successful.

I don't know what to make of it, but I'm uploading png's that are less than 10mg from now on.

30mb is the limit on a single file upload so 10mb should make it

Can you email me one of these photos that don't upload? soundz at soundz dot org

Samsung GS6, had same problem for weeks but assumed it was just my phone/user error (I could frequently describe my life as "user error"). Didn't work as recently as last night, but seems to work just fine now.

funny part is, this is Brooklyn italian. stunad/stunod means something totally different in italy.

it is close enough to english stupid or and applied to 'drunk' here, that it picked up that meaning.
even worse, it is a contracted version so a nub italian speaker like me would never know what they were talking about.

lots of brooklyn italian words. in italy they pronounce the trailing vowel too.

@serviceguy

Sorry, I did not notice being called to action until now...

I am stunad/stunod by this! There's no such word in the Italian vocabulary, even digging into my Sicilian roots I could not find anything even remotely sounding like that. I guess it's just a bad/heavily accented pronunciation of the word 'stunned' ?

Sorry, I did not notice being called to action until now...

I am stunad/stunod by this! There's no such word in the Italian vocabulary, even digging into my Sicilian roots I could not find anything even remotely sounding like that. I guess it's just a bad/heavily accented pronunciation of the word 'stunned' ?

ostinato ? 'stinato -> american drop the trailing vowel - stinat, and butcher the t cause who wants to end a word with a hard vowel!

i've also seen it as a contraction meaning a 'dick' (stugot (balls)? or contraction questo cazzo?) 'sto cazz) - as in you are acting like a little dick. whatever that means. that was some research i did a bunch of years back
but can't find the reference.

ostinato ? 'stinato -> american drop the trailing vowel - stinat, and butcher the t cause who wants to end a word with a hard vowel!

i've also seen it as a contraction meaning a 'dick' (stugot (balls)? or contraction questo cazzo?) 'sto cazz) - as in you are acting like a little dick. whatever that means. that was some research i did a bunch of years back
but can't find the reference.
Does slang come in to play? My father in-law used this long before The Soporanos was on, where is most people probably picked it up.

Stunod is Southern Italian dialect for "stupid" or having one's head in the clouds and not paying attention, from the Italian "stonato" which means, "out of tune"

Reactions: w_b
Does slang come in to play? My father in-law used this long before The Soporanos was on, where is most people probably picked it up.

Stunod is Southern Italian dialect for "stupid" or having one's head in the clouds and not paying attention, from the Italian "stonato" which means, "out of tune"

my dad used it when i was a kid, so its been around. might have been directed at me ;)

italians were the whipping race of the early 1900s in the north. all migrant, uneducated workers.
words and names were 'anglo'ized. My family always gave their last name as Marion outside the italian areas.
similarly calimad for calamari. or rigot for ricotta.

try bakous, which brooklyn italian meant bathroom - they thought it was italian. it was short for 'back house' or in english, out house. but the idiom didn't work.

Fidodie, I would tend to agree with stb, as I do remember 'stonato' being used for stupid in Sicily. Never thought of that. Ostinato translates directly as stubborn instead.

Fun fact, sometimes when I meet older guys that immigrated from Sicily or Campania in the 40's, 50's or 60's they immediately start speaking their native dialect to me. I don't have a clue what they're saying, and sometimes I get in trouble. One time it happened at the border with Mexico, I showed up with my Italian passport, sporting my Spanish last name and before I knew it the officer started testing me speaking in some obscure southern dialect that he thought was Italian. I replied 'that's not Italian!'. I spent the following 3 hours clarifying my status to an immigration official.

Back
Top Bottom