Am I stunod?

ReverendNewman

How do I upload a photo? It's says choose photo, then when I drill down, select, it just looks like it's uploading, then nothing?

fig6bigforblog.png

i'm doing this just to make you jealous.

The first thing I thought when I saw this thread was "yes, if you cannot spell stoned correctly, you are probably stoned."

My wife and I are both part Italian and I hear that word a lot. Still not my first thought when I saw this thread. Baba di boopi?

funny part is, this is Brooklyn italian. stunad/stunod means something totally different in italy.

it is close enough to english stupid or and applied to 'drunk' here, that it picked up that meaning.
even worse, it is a contracted version so a nub italian speaker like me would never know what they were talking about.

lots of brooklyn italian words. in italy they pronounce the trailing vowel too.

@serviceguy

Have you tried rebooting it?

And always post "full image", posting thumbnails or attached images will get you banned.

Interesting, I was having this same issue the other day. On Firefox and Chrome. I'm going to try again when I have time Sunday night.

funny part is, this is Brooklyn italian. stunad/stunod means something totally different in italy.

it is close enough to english stupid or and applied to 'drunk' here, that it picked up that meaning.
even worse, it is a contracted version so a nub italian speaker like me would never know what they were talking about.

lots of brooklyn italian words. in italy they pronounce the trailing vowel too.

@serviceguy
I have nothing to add about pic uploading, but damn the title made me laugh. Growing up with 50% of my relatives being Sicilian, I have been called this eleventy thousand times. "ey whaddayou stu-NAT? Looka dis stunatu kid!"

I grew up working in Italian/Sicilian restaurants throughout HS (dishwasher then busboy) and it's funny to hear that word again. Only the Italian-Amers used the word, the native Italian workers just looked at them funny and went back to doing their coke. I used to get the shit from all the Italian customers, guess they weren't used to seeing an Asian guy not working in a Chinese restaurant.

@ReverendNewman, get used to this here (tangents) , that's how we get work done here, let us know if you're still having problems

Back
Top Bottom