Alternate trails near baldpate

slinky

I've been digging around and see that there are two trails near Baldpate. I found maps for them and it seems like "" takes you from Baldpate to another trail called "" which leads down to Lambertville. Anyone know anything about these and are they bike friendly?

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I've been digging around and see that there are two trails near Baldpate. I found maps for them and it seems like "Dry Run Creek" takes you from Baldpate to another trail called "Rock Hopper Trail" which leads down to Lambertville. Anyone know anything about these and are they bike friendly?

There is the green way trail, but from
What I hear it got pretty wrecked from sandy and haven't heard much after that. It starts on woodens Lane just past Howell living farm. It takes you over 518 and connects to the water company trails

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Dry run creek is a d&r greenway and is technically closed to bikes. I'm not sure how the legality of that would play out, as I'm not sure of who technically owns it.

Look up "water co" for more info on the rockhopper trails.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The greenway trail is riddled with trees down and as mentioned, is closed to bikes. :(
The water company trails... now that is some gnarly fun biking. ;) you can easily link it with Baldpate as well.

Last edited:

enginerd21

Are the trails between Church, Fiddler's Creek & River Road open to bikers? I haven't been able to check them out to see if they are worth riding. I know they just changed hands and are now apart of the local park system.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're probably referring to the Water Co trails. We call them "Water Co." because the land is adjacent to United Water, which services Lambertville with drinking water.

Below is a link to a map I drew up of the place.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1oiiahl04sowmds/water-co.jpg

If you enter from 518, it almost seems like you're trespassing, but you're not. The trail goes a longside a fence near a red barn. It's not very obvious that it's a trailhead.

Here's a link of how I link together Water Co / Greenway / Baldpate and Washington's crossing.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/365153719

In my opinion, Water co. is way more fun than Baldpate. Baldtpate gets boring quick.

Note: this place is awesome when it's dry but stays wet in the low areas for quite a while. It's a little grown in at the moment and there's a few trees down that haven't been cleared yet .

Enjoy.

Last edited:

743power

Shop Keep
Are the trails between Church, Fiddler's Creek & River Road open to bikers? I haven't been able to check them out to see if they are worth riding. I know they just changed hands and are now apart of the local park system.

I saw a big group of older hikers going back there one day while riding up fiddlers. Would be interested to know more.

743power

Shop Keep
I saw a big group of older hikers going back there one day while riding up fiddlers. Would be interested to know more.

Turns out these trails are called "fiddlers creek preserve." They are definitely not open to bikes and from photos I have seen are not bike friendly. I would stay out to try to preserve the delicate relationship we have with the hikers in this area.

Top Bottom